Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you use Gmail then you have to have it set up via BIS (set ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Facebook Notifications

Advertisement

If you use Gmail then you have to have it set up via BIS (set up personal email) to allow Facebook to intercept the notifications or if you are on BES then redirect your Facebook notifications to your BES email (good idea to uncheck leave notifications on server) - This worked for me!
    OB - 8310 AT&T

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Depending on when you installed the Gmail App you may want to update. The first version I had on the 8830 didn't send notifications, when updated to their latest version now I get notifications and since I use my gmail account as my login on Facebook I get my Facebook notifications through the Gmail App.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Well the crux of it is that if your Facebook notifications are going to your Gmail app, then it's highly likely you don't have Facebook set up correctly to send them to your BlackBerry email address. There are few things that you can do:

1) Login to normal Facebook website -> Account -> Under "Settings" tab, ensure that "Contact Email" is set to your BlackBerry email address. My guess is you still have this set to your Gmail email address. When you first change it to your BB email address it will send a verification email to your phone, and you have to click on the web link from your phone to enable it, otherwise it won't work. After that, click on the "Notifications" tab from Facebook and verify that the line close to the top that looks like "Email me at username@provider.blackberry.net when someone:" has your actual BlackBerry email address.

2) Another option if you still want Facebook notifications sent to your Gmail email address is to set up your Gmail account via BIS (I haven't tested this, but it should work). There are several other threads on how to do that. A lot of people use this in conjunction with the Gmail app (the BIS provides instant notifications, quick replying, etc to your Gmail emails same as with your normal BlackBerry email address, the Gmail app provides the advanced Gmail functionality if you need to star something, edit contacts, etc). Like cliffr39 said, it won't work if you're sending notifications to your Gmail address and just using the Gmail app only.

3) If you still want notifications sent to your Gmail address and don't want to set up Gmail in BIS on your BlackBerry (just want to use the Gmail app), you could set up a filter in Gmail to forward any emails from Facebook to your BlackBerry email address.
    Last edited by bonebox; 01-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

you should set your notifications to your @provider.blackberry.net account, it automatically sends it to FB with no problem.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12