Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not getting any since the first day i got the phone.. i got my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

Facebook Notifications

Advertisement

I'm not getting any since the first day i got the phone.. i got my curve the same day the app came out.

- I've check my account to see if the same email used to login there is the same one with linked to my phone.

- I've checked to make sure the notifications I want to receive are check marked.

- I've uninstalled the app and re-installed. dled from mobile browser, uploaded through computer, etc

- Talked to a tmobile rep, who couldn't help and asked me to call in to tmo.

- Tmo rep on the phone didn't know what to do either.

- Under my fb app, I have the "leave email notification messages on mail server" checked btw..

would the app not working correctly have to do with my browser settings at all? if anyone could share how there working one is set up that would be great!

hoping someone here could shed some light on this for me!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Facebook Notifications

so you do not get notifications in the FB application or just not receiving the emails? I do not get the emails anymore but the app grabs them and notifies me in there.

^ ah, i get it on my gmail app all the time.. but not on my fb app at all =\

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you saying you're running the gmail application all the time? I didn't think the Gmail app gave notifications.

As long as you have the email address that facebook sends the emails to notify you about comments, friend requests, etc. then you should be fine. All the app does is hijack those emails and then re-label them as facebook notifications.

smalls no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    ^ ah, i get it on my gmail app all the time.. but not on my fb app at all =\
    I'm having the same problem. I receive the notifications on my Gmail account but not on my Facebook application. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app but still same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Are you saying you're running the gmail application all the time? I didn't think the Gmail app gave notifications.

As long as you have the email address that facebook sends the emails to notify you about comments, friend requests, etc. then you should be fine. All the app does is hijack those emails and then re-label them as facebook notifications.
    hey reddog, my gmail app is one of my first 5 icons that i check religiously and i always see my notifications being sent there (So it's not notifying me).So technically, i can find what i need through that. But it would be nice for the facebook app to update on it's frontpage to show me comments, events, msgs, etc.

i've tried even changed my login email to something else and then changing the email on my device to see if I could make it sync then and receive notifications on fb.. still no luck. So now i've changed it back to the original email I use the most.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

do you have the email account setup on your BIS? The Facebook app intercepts the emails in the Messages, so if you only use the Gmail app it wouldn't know.

^ hey Cliff, on my tmo account online, the device email is set as the same one for my facebook. under my phone options/advanced, the email shown for messaging (CMIME) is the same one.
    Last edited by rand0m; 12-03-2007 at 12:34 PM.

so only smalls and I have this problem?? dang.. i was hoping someone else here had some other methods I could try to fix this problem since tmo and bb aren't doing much to help..

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Are you both using gmail?
    /~*brooke

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    Are you both using gmail?
    yersh.. i think you might be on to something brooke.. hmm. i don't receive emails on my bb email app. I'm still new to it cause i actually haven't used it since i got my curve and dl-ed the gmail app right away.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I dont use the gmail app (even though i use gmail) I have my facebook notifications sent via email. I get them and then i also have the Facebook app which sends me a notification as well. Kinda handy
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

^ ah i see.. maybe that's my problem then.. but i do like the layout of the gmail app for my emails and being able to "star" needed items and label them accordingly.

has anyone successfully been able to receive notifications on facebook while using the gmail app?

I don't see what the problem is since I have my device synced to the proper email, but what do i need to do th have my bb email start receiving.. i just check the icon since I have it hidden and I have nothing since the first day i bought the device

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The GMAIL app and the FACEBOOK app are totally different and do not work with each other.

OK...where are you with this...

So do you have your Facebook account email you when you get a comment, message, etc?
    Is the email that your Facebook account emails them to linked to your BB?
    Do you have a Blackberry DATA plan?
    I still don't understand what you're trying to do with the Gmail app and the Facebook app.

^ Hey reddog, thanks for the reply.

on my facebook account, I have it send notifications to my email which is the same one that should be linked to my device (curve).

I do indeed have the Blackberry Data plan (BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on).

What i'm trying to say is that i can "see" that the notifications are coming through to my email (@gmail) but I am not receiving notifications on the Facebook app.. sorry if there was any confusion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast