Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio Just downloaded this, along with Google Talk 2.0 and Yahoo 2.0 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Facebook application

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Just downloaded this, along with Google Talk 2.0 and Yahoo 2.0

Its like christmas for blackberry user today!!!!!!!
    true that is.... so true.. They need to get with the program with AIM though. And Myspace app and I will have the perfect freaking phone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacFly69
    anyone get it to work on tmo?

i was able to download OTA, but when i try to log on i get "there was an error contacting facebook."
    Mines works. Tmo in Houston
    Last edited by tdawg; 10-24-2007 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    BB8900 is mine!

canadian2910 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24058c07

Likin this Facebook app ........ will definitely be 'more productive' with this option .... lol .....

The OTA download is

http://blackberry.com/facebook/mobiledownload

I have the ATT Curve 8300 and it worked perfectly
    Steve G
    loving the 8300 Curve and Vaja Olive leather case .............

JPREP no está en línea Stack level 2

Got mine to work just fine. I wish I knew what all the icons were for--I'm a little apprehensive to click them all, but it seems a much better function for accessing Facebook than through the old mobile site (which was extremely limited!)

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just downloaded mine a minute ago, I love it!!

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Works fine for me too on tmo, I'm in Houston as well!!!! Just opened a facebook though and have no friends. They need a pinstack network! lol!!! Whats up myspace, where's the app?
    If I knew then, what I know now............

glen3918@gmail.com

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

This is def one of my favorites blackberry app. Thanks RIM

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Trying it out. I had to create a facebook account.

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Amazing app! Love the push feel of all the updates and the cute facebook icon in the top right corner!

RIM is doing BIG THINGS now.

Now just fix that microSD support card issue and we'll have the complete iPhone killa!

-Elo

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

got it working apps looks pretty cool even though im hardly on facebook....now we need a myspace app and well gtg....something thats easy to leave comments, send messages, approve comments, post bulletins, upload pics, update profile info and viewing profiles

Ben721 no está en línea Stack level 2

Very nice. I am always on facebook on my phone and just was using the wap site, but this is a lot easier to navigate. Just another way facebook can take over my life... Haha

pixar no está en línea Stack level 2

Way to go BB and FB! I jst got it runnin on my 8300!

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F

what a nice looking at. I too have been using the facebook on my phone for some time now using the WAP browser. This app makes things much easier and has a great GUI interface. My only problem with this app is to view a profile it boots up the WAP browser. They should have made it open the profile within the app it self.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

Works for me. Tmob in Va with a san Diego number ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

q-biq no está en línea Stack level 2

Best application i got on my Blackberry atm! Really works out well! Now we need support to check someones wall. Not only post a wall msg

q-biq no está en línea Stack level 2

October 24, 2007

RIM Introduces Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones

New software application runs natively on BlackBerry smartphones and provides an unparalleled mobile experience to users of the popular Facebook social utility

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment 2007, Booth 1033 – October 24, 2007 – Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today launched Facebook® for BlackBerry® Smartphones, an exciting new BlackBerry software application that enables fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility using a BlackBerry smartphone. The application leverages the push-based BlackBerry system architecture and Facebook Platform to create an unparalleled mobile experience for Facebook users.

Mike Lazaridis, founder of Research In Motion, will join Dustin Moskovitz, co-founder of Facebook, to formally unveil and demonstrate the Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones application today at the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment show in San Francisco. T-Mobile USA has been selected to be the first carrier to provide the new software application to its customers.

With the Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones application, Facebook users can wirelessly send and view messages, photos, pokes and Wall posts. The rich, native application goes beyond browser-based access, automatically pushing notifications to the user’s BlackBerry smartphone as friends and colleagues send notes, Wall posts or pokes. The application allows users to take a photo, upload it to the site with captions and tags; quickly and easily invite friends; manage events; manage photo albums; and manage their status while on the go.

“Facebook is one of the fastest growing web destinations among BlackBerry smartphone users and it has become an important element in the evolving fabric of personal communications,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “Facebook and RIM share a vision for enhanced mobile communications and social networking based on open, standards-based platforms and this has allowed us to produce a rich mobile application for Facebook users that leverages the push-based architecture, multimedia features and industry-leading usability of the BlackBerry solution.”

“T-Mobile is focused on helping people effortlessly connect with those who matter most by providing our customers with meaningful ways to stick together,” said Leslie Grandy, vice president, Product Development, T-Mobile USA. “We are pleased to be the first wireless carrier in the U.S. selected to offer this innovative service that gives customers another compelling way to stay in touch.”

"The worlds of wireless communication and social utilities, such as Facebook, continue to converge. As people look for new ways to stay connected and network with peers and colleagues, true mobile access to these types of utilities can only become more popular," said Jill Aldort, Sr. Analyst, Consumer Research at Yankee Group. "Even at this nascent stage of the market, 19% of adult consumers who access social networks on their PCs also regularly access these same sites on their mobile phones."

Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones, which will be available as a free download*, makes it faster, easier and more convenient for users to stay wirelessly connected with their Facebook friends and colleagues. The application allows users to:

Receive notifications and messages automatically – Leveraging the BlackBerry platform's push-based architecture, notifications and messages are automatically sent to the user; the user can also set a unique alert (vibration and/or ringtone) for Facebook related content
    Quickly access essential features – Convenient onscreen icons let users quickly change their Status, upload a photo, add a friend, poke someone, write on a Wall, or send a message. Users can also quickly scroll through messages and notifications as they do with email messages
    Invite friends to join Facebook and accept new friend requests
    Quickly snap and post pictures along with a caption and tags – The photo upload feature is also integrated with the BlackBerry smartphone camera and photo management applications on the smartphone
    View the Status of friends
    Read, compose and reply to messages even while offline – If the user is out of wireless coverage, messages are queued until the user returns to an area of coverage

Facebook users will be able to download the application at Facebook | Welcome to Facebook! from their PC or BlackBerry smartphone beginning later today.

* Wireless data charges may apply. Check with wireless service provider.

rom: "BlackBerry Owners Lounge" <BBOwnersLounge@crp.rim.com>

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:17:02
    To:"Gulf Coast Regional Blood Cent"<@tmo.blackberry.net>
    Subject: Be the FIRST to get a Facebook® fix on your
    BlackBerry smartphone

The BlackBerry® Owners Lounge offers you another great application

----------------------------------------------------------------

Be the first to get Facebook® on your BlackBerry smartphone - Free. Facebook® is now optimized for your BlackBerry smartphone. Keep up with what's going on in your social scene, with at-hand wireless access to home screen notifications, full text wall posts and messages, photo tags, friend requests and more. Get your Facebook® fix, wherever you are.

From your BlackBerry smartphone click the following link and review the downloading instructions: http://www.blackberry.com/redirect/r...0000000A659D85

Once you've finished the download process, a Facebook® icon will appear right on your Blackberry smartphone home screen. Just click on it to be immediately connected to your Facebook® profile and all of your contacts. BlackBerry brings Facebook® to your fingertips at all times.

© 2007 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. Research In Motion, the RIM logo, BlackBerry, and the BlackBerry logo, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. These marks, images and symbols are owned by Research In Motion Limited. All other brands, product names, company names, and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
    "Facebook" is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
    Last edited by q-biq; 10-25-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast