So i got a new storm after mine was stolen, and now facebook wont sync ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cellularconnection no está en línea Stack level 1

Facebook app

Advertisement

So i got a new storm after mine was stolen, and now facebook wont sync with my contacts to place pictures next to their name. I went into facebook and made sure the settings were on to do the synce and allowed all the permissions but still nothing. I dont know why it worked with my old storm but not this one. Any ideas? or anyone have the same problem?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    when you open up the FB app, go to friends, scroll to one of your friends and click menu/connect to blackberry contact.
    i'm not sure it will sync without doing this manually ... course, i'm no facebook expert :P

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Donno if u mean these settings but Make sure uve checked these boxes Under 'connect ur blackberry account with:'

1. Blackberry contact application.
    2. Update existing photos in ur blackberry contact list with FB friends profile photos.

After that it should auto sync if either the name, phone #, or an email in ur add bk matches those in facebook. It takes a couple minutes tho. The ones that don't ull have to do them manually using cherry's instructions.

If all goes well, ur problem should be solved..
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

yea i had to do them cherry's way cause i tried the boxes under the settings in facebook and it didnt do it, i even uninstalled facebook and reinstalled it... no luck so i did it manually when i had down time at work... it sucked but oh well.. thanks for the help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ ya, that's the only way i could get the updates to come thru. it doesn't seem to update their images automatically either. you will need to update each one when their image changes (to get it to show up correctly in bbm 5.0 too)

do you know why its like that? it updated fine on my old storm

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This is a known issue with the latest Facebook app release.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105