i have facebook setup with my hotmail account. on my BB i have my hotmail ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3

facebook and emails

Advertisement

i have facebook setup with my hotmail account. on my BB i have my hotmail and yahoo emails. i added my yahoo email to my facebook account.

now when i use the yahoo account on facebook for notifications, it sends me messages directly to the facebook app.
    however, when i set facebook with my hotmail account, it sends me emails, instead of updating on facebook app.

i don't know the proper terms for this, but does this have anythign to do with yahoo getting it's own icon on the BB and hotmail getting the generic email icon?(push mail vs. whatever it's called?)

is there a way for me to use just the hotmail account and still get updated on face book app? only reason i have the yahoo is because i was forwarding my hotmail to yahoo in order to get it on the BB.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I believe this should be a setting on your Facebook account. Where are you getting the notifications directed to?

Also since the new version of the Facebook app my superpokes show up in my email instead of the application. Other than that the application works flawless for me.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You may be able to get rid of your yahoo address and add your hotmail email to your bb now. I have hotmail push set up. PIN me if you have any questions.

i have hotmail setup on my bb. when i had notifications set on the actual FB site to send to hotmail, all my notifications were sent to my email, not the app.

when i deleted my yahoo from both the site and my fone, notifications were sent to my email.

what's the difference between hotmail getting the generic icon on the bb, vs yahoo and gmail getting their own custom icon? is there different ways email gets pushed to the bb, or hotmail just doesn't have one?

btw i'm on FB 1.2.0

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    You need to configure your Hotmail account with your BIS so that your Hotmail emails are delivered to your BlackBerry inbox the same as your Yahoo, instead of using the 3rd party Hotmail app.

Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    You need to configure your Hotmail account with your BIS so that your Hotmail emails are delivered to your BlackBerry inbox the same as your Yahoo, instead of using the 3rd party Hotmail app.
    how would i do that on hotmail?
    btw, i'm not using a 3rd party app for hotmail.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by S2K ON 2 View Post
    how would i do that on hotmail?
    btw, i'm not using a 3rd party app for hotmail.
    Ok, so you're saying that you already have your Hotmail set up through your BIS? What you said about the icons made me think you were using a 3rd party app. If that's the case you might try deleting the Hotmail BIS account and adding it again, perhaps something got messed up the first time. You might also try logging out of your Facebook for BlackBerry app and logging back in with your Hotmail email address, if you were previously logged in with your Yahoo address.

facebook was signed on with hotmail account...

i went ahead and deleted my hotmail and yahoo accounts from my phone, deleted yahoo from facebook, signed off facebook on my fone, re-registered my hotmail account on my fone, and signed in facebook again. let's see how it works

that didnt work.
    i think yahoo and hotmail are setup differently somehow. i still kept getting email notifications instead of facebook apps notifications...

sorry. still trying to figure this out...