Ok, DH has decided to try Skype in Iraq. So far the PC to PC ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Question Explain IM+Skype please...

Advertisement

Ok, DH has decided to try Skype in Iraq. So far the PC to PC and even his PC to a phone, works pretty good. However, I thought I would try the IM+Skype on my BB. Is it just for chatting? I tried to do the Skype SMS but it said I needed SkypeOut, which I have to buy but when I went to the link, it just told me what SkypeOut was, no place to d/l or buy. BTW, I was on my BB when I did this. So is there a way to do the calling via the IM+Skype? I know I need to add credit but before I do that, I want to know what all I can do with IM+Skype...plus I want to know before I spend the $30 on it. Thanks!!!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    http://www.berryreview.com/2008/04/0...-im-for-skype/

they did a review but so u dont have to go threw it all this is what they posted k

"Conclusion: the chat features of IM+ for Skype work very well, but making and receiving calls with it is not a very good experience. Maybe it’s just Skype’s fault, but that doesn’t change the outcome. The callback requirement certainly doesn’t help either. It makes all calls considerably more expensive in certain countries. IM+ for Skype looks to me like it is going to please a lot of people and disappoint a very similar lot. This review should give you a few answers in advance, but there are a few aspects that you will have to try and judge by yourself.

Pros: makes and receives Skype VoIP calls; includes Skype text messaging/chat; good user interface.

Cons: Skype’s spotty call quality; requires callback - no free or cheap calls; no file transfer in chat mode; buggy contact list.

My rating: 7. Loses 2 stars for requiring callbacks and another star for the less than satisfactory call quality most of the time. Even if it’s not quite the program’s fault, that’s what it uses"
    Last edited by azstar; 01-15-2009 at 02:34 PM. Reason: format edit

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Well, I decided not to buy IM+Skype. For me, it spend more time reconnecting then actually being connected...even with full service. I might try the other Skype type apps to see if I have better luck.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

PIN/ID
    LESS
    There is supposed to be a Official one from RIM, but they are still keeping that under wraps.

kalel434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah just was checking out skype myself an I was having the same problem with the conecting but I would love to use it if it had free phone calls minus the 30 bucks u spend but if anyone hears anything let me know thanks ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Dear users,
    I'll be glad to clear up the situation with IM+ for Skype.
    IM+ for Skype doesn't use VoIP because of a high cost of traffic transferred and a low call quality. That's why we use SkypeOut technology.
    SkypeOut is always necesary for making voice calls also.
    You can learn how to save on your calls with IM+ for Skype at http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...im&platform=bb

Regards,
    Irene,
    SHAPE Services Team
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services