Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 25 -- EQO Communications , a leading developer of platforms for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

EQO Communications Delivers Mobile VoIP and IM to RIM BlackBerry!

Advertisement

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 25 -- EQO Communications, a leading developer of platforms for mobilizing VoIP, Instant Messaging and online social networks, today announced immediate support for RIM BlackBerry.

The addition of the BlackBerry Pearl and other powerful smart-phones brings the number of EQO-supported handsets to more than 400 devices from major manufacturers.

"We're rapidly evolving toward a world of ubiquitous connectivity in
    which we will be connected to each other all the time, everywhere we go," said Jill Aldort, Wireless/Mobile senior analyst for Yankee Group. "One of the most important elements in achieving this vision is the ability to deliver an easy to use, communications service that can reside on a broad range of handsets."

According to some estimates, more than 60 million smart phones will be sold worldwide in 2006. Users of RIM BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices now are able to access EQO Mobile, an Internet Communications platform that enables mobile VoIP calling and instant messenger services including AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, GoogleTalk, Jabber, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Instant Messenger and Skype. -- Read More

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1

Re: EQO Communications Delivers Mobile VoIP and IM to RIM BlackBerry!

Gave it a try. Not bad but gave me an error, shortcut keys do not work and you must use the wheel, and you can not go to main screen except by using alt-escape keys. Has all the IM clients in one package and some widgets for your homepage so others can see your status/send you messages but maybe after a little fine tuning it will be better!
    3040B2F1 on the Curve & loving it!

jpodraza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202B98F9

I loaded it today. I agree with OT, it needs some refining yet. I dont like that I have to have Skype running all the time to use skype. I am looking for a an IM aggregeator that will allow me to use Skype for IM (I dont care about VOIP)

Any Suggestions
    BlackBerry 7100g
    New Pin -->> 202B98F9

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I can't get the thing to work. Everytime I try to connect it gives me an error message.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~let me try this baby thanks!

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well at least I am not the only with issues with this!

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Where do I go to download it. Every time I click on the link it asks me to sign in.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

update to error message:
    after installation I ran the program and a system message appeared asking if I would let it access the network. I said yes, then a message appeared
    Data network error-refer to FAQ for suggested solutions or contact service provider. There is more to the message but I'm not able to scroll down with the trackball to see it.
    This has been the only application thats given me probs so far. The site EQO was very simple and user friendly. I would imagine the software would be also.
    Any help available

mrmeir no está en línea Stack level 1

when using aim and others is it considered sms or is it free?

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

As of last night, there currently isn't any support for the 8703e. When selecting a device, the 8703e isn't listed. Like I did, you can send a "note" to support to let them know 1. You have an 8703e & 2. To be notified when the 8703e is supported. This way they know there is a demand for the 8703e and possibly speed up support for this device!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't even type my password. My username was there but when I go to password to type it in... it won't let me, it seems like the keys are disable I don't know. Or maybe up updating to tmobile's new OS will help solve this problem. (New OS suxx)

ripvtech no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D6EE8B

I keep getting a message overflow error when I try to log into my AIM account, and now everytime the phone boots up I get the error. And the software is frozen so I can't do anything with it. Looks like this is getting deleted for now.
    Also, it is still unclear to me as to wether it uses data or sms.

On a side note: When is RIM releasing the AIM software that we were teased with a month ago?

chriseqo no está en línea Stack level 1

Chris from EQO here,

Thanks to all of you who have tried the EQO Mobile beta on your Blackberry thus far. We greatly appreciate your support and feedback. We most definitely have a ways to go to make EQO Mobile a killer Blackberry app and we are very committed to improving. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will take your comments to heart for future version of EQO Mobile.

Now to address some of your issues:

-The freeze/crash on exit problem is now well known to us and we are working on fixing it up.
    -For those of you having connection troubles (ie some sort of data network error), please check out the link posted by Hayden to get your TCP/IP connection setup. EQO Mobile is different in that it uses a TCP and not HTTP to connect to the EQO servers.
    -EQO uses TCP data to conduct all communications, no SMS.
    -The 8703e is a Verizon phone right? They tend to not allow J2ME apps. As of now, EQO Mobile is the same application for each Blackberry phone. Go ahead and select a different Blackberry model and try downloading. I’m not saying it’ll work, but please let me know if it does.
    -To type your password, try selecting and opening the password box to start text entry.
    -If you are getting “buffer overflow errors”, this is likely your Blackberry running out of memory for some reason. We are looking into this problem on the 8700 right now and will release a patch as soon as we figure this out.

Sorry for responding all at once, just trying to catch up. I’ll address each post individually from now on.

If you have a problem or question please describe in as much detail or send me an email to chris@eqo.com, it always helps to provide your EQO ID and Blackberry model.

Cheers,

Chris
    EQO Customer Evangelist

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I tried out the EQO Mobile application. I found it wouldn't connect all the time, it would be hit or miss. I wouldn't get an error message, it just wouldn't connect, sometimes it would tell me it coculdn't connect. I am going to wager a guess it is because it has become a popular application recently, just like when I have to wait to get into World of Warcraft.
    When it worked it was a nice app. It needs a little more work to be the best.

On the plus, you can sign in to multiple accounts, ie 2 aol accounts, in addition to multiple IM types, AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, GT, MSN. It seperates the contact lists for you, so you don't get confused about who is who. It breaks out all active sessions under active sessions too.

Downside - you have to use the scroll wheel for everything. The enter key does nothing. I like my enter key. When you respond to a message you have to go into a seprate window - a pain when I can't remember what I did 5 seconds ago, much less an IM. Make the interface a little more user friend, get rid of the freeze on exit and connection troubles and it will be great.

There are also sections for EQO friends and messages, which I did not mess with as I know no one on EQO that I know of. I have not tried out anything with Skype add in or voip calls.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast