Is anyone familiar with how the Enterprise server works? I just downloaded the most recent ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

natebuck no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DCC847

Enterprise Activation.

Advertisement

Is anyone familiar with how the Enterprise server works? I just downloaded the most recent 8700g updates from T-mobile and now I have to activate the Enterprise Activation again. The problem with this is that my company's headquarters is in Germany and when I tried my email and password that I was given for the first activation, it timed out and said the server wasn't available. This problem occured when I first got my 8700 for about 3 days until it finally was activated. Is there something the administrator has to do before you activate your BB. Because she keeps acting like I'm a retard because it's not working. Right now I have to wait until monday to get it going again... but I'm really not looking forward to dealing with her again. Could someone let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I find it hard to believe it should be this difficult.

err0s no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Enterprise Activation.

Check and recheck your date and time. They must be accurate. Also, if you are north American and have applied the DST but Germany has not at the server you could be out of sync. The BB and the BES need accurate time to create their crypto keys. One doh! I have run into was my activating email address was actually wrong the whole time (had .com instead of .org), so of course it timed out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vlestat123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046F9FD

well mate, When you do the Enterprise activation the Administrator should add you to the BES server and generate a key or he enter a password. in the same time he would set the rules and authorizations for you.
    After the Admin hands you the password it would be active for 20 minutes and after that its deactivated.
    So i believe you should contact her back tell her that you changed your handheld so she would modify your user on the server or she delete you and ask you to activate again.

Thats how it goes here in Dubai.
    Let me know if i can do anything

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Your EA password isn't necessarily the same as your previous EA password. Did your BES admin say that the EA password was the same this time?

Do you have a PC that's connected to the company network with DM installed? You can perform EA over USB as well...

natebuck no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DCC847

Thanks for the help everyone. I believe your all right... I think I'll have to let the system admin. delete me from the server and issue a new password. I was really hoping I could get it done without her help, but I'm an area sales manager in Michigan and our server is in Germany, so I'm not hooked up to the network. I'm not real educated in all the technology they send me, and the IT department doesn't miss an opportunity to point that out, so I'm glad there's a forum like this to try and get help.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

JerryD

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is
    Enterprise Activation? Does it charge a fee? How do I get rid of it?

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is enterprise activation? Is there a fee involved? How do I get rid of it?

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what is enterprise activation? Is there a fee? How do you get rid of it?

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by natebuck
    Thanks for the help everyone. I believe your all right... I think I'll have to let the system admin. delete me from the server and issue a new password. I was really hoping I could get it done without her help, but I'm an area sales manager in Michigan and our server is in Germany, so I'm not hooked up to the network. I'm not real educated in all the technology they send me, and the IT department doesn't miss an opportunity to point that out, so I'm glad there's a forum like this to try and get help.
    All you need is a new Activation Password, if she deletes you from the server, you will lose all of your current Device settings, like Bookmarks, Call history, custom profile settings, etc.

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Settings/Options/Advanced Options/Enterprise Activation

gnab01 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    23F21180

natebuck....you don't necessarilyl need to be removed from the server and readded. Your Blackberry Admin can simply reset the Enterprise Activation Password. The active time on the password is variable. We generally make ours available for 48 hours, but yours could be more or less. The only down side to just resetting the password is that you will only have email from that point forward. If the remove you from the server and readd you, it will do a pre-population and bring down a number of days worth of email from your mailbox to start with. This, too, will vary.