Hey Guys. I just downloaded the trial version of Empower pro email viewer. Love this ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

elish1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Empower Security

Advertisement

Hey Guys. I just downloaded the trial version of Empower pro email viewer. Love this app. I need to know why when I installed it it was asking for a connection to google.com. Why is this. I am asking for security purposes. I do not want my email adress or messages being sent to google. Sounds crazy but it can happen. Is this app Secure.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I don't know why it was asking to connect to google but most applications ask to connect to your call log. But asking about google is quite odd. No usually its not giving out any information whatsoever. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by elish1234 View Post
    Hey Guys. I just downloaded the trial version of Empower pro email viewer. Love this app. I need to know why when I installed it it was asking for a connection to google.com. Why is this. I am asking for security purposes. I do not want my email adress or messages being sent to google. Sounds crazy but it can happen. Is this app Secure.
    Hi,

Yep, perfectly secure. One of the features of Empower Pro is Auto-Detection of connection settings. When you install Empower the first time, it will test internet connection using various settings (BES, BIS, TCP etc). www.google.com is the target used for these test connection.

Apart from that, when you open an email and if that email has images then Empower will access internet to retrieve these images for you. It will then need permission from you to connect to internet.

Thanks,
    Ani.