Anyone know about a cheap or free e-mail viewer for the 8320? I tried BBSmart, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

EMail Viewer

Advertisement

Anyone know about a cheap or free e-mail viewer for the 8320? I tried BBSmart, but at $25, I feel that's way too expensive. Any ideas?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: EMail Viewer

There is another BB HTML Email Viewer for $10. I use the BB Smart Viewer and love it.

Good luck...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's empower possibly? I love BB Smart. Excellent support and free upgrades for life. Get a new device, send them your pin and they'll provide a new activation key. They've been very helpfu with my 8830 swaps.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

empower is great too. i also recently got a new bb and they sent me my pin so I could use the program on the new one. and it's only $10!
    empower

Freya no está en línea Stack level 1

I use Gmail. It's free

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hm. Web-based vs on board. That's okay if you never use the ISP's service...
    Last edited by Yogich; 10-10-2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged.

icepickberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I use BBsmart, never tested out empower but both of them offer free trials. You should try them both out. 24.99 for bbsmart is a lot of money but so was the blackberry phone that we all use.

jferg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405D8A0

i use empower and it works great, and it is a little faster than bbsmart, for only $10

lrbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251e7b8a

I've a problem I can't get the images loaded in my mail, suggestions?

laresmojica no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203C42F8
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I use Gmail. It's free
    OK I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS. I HAVE GMAIL BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT TO MY ADVANTAGE. PLEASE HELP? THK U N HOPE EVERYONE HAD A NICE THKSGVG.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

I purchased the $10.00 std version of EMV (empower) but, could not get images as advertised. I also went to the site (Mobihand.com) and saw that under free software, they were offering existing customers a free upgrade to EMV Pro. I tried to download it in hopes that I would see images and get more options. It would not accept my registered email or password. I emailed the tech dept and this is the crap I got:

Thank you for writing to us. There is no false advertising. The product name itself clearly says "EMV Pro Upgrade Discount". There are already two edition available out there which are clearly marked - Std and Pro. Infact, if the upgrade from Std to Pro was to be free why would they exist as two separate versions at all! Please understand that the shopping cart is designed such that it can only operate within a set of discount rules bound by it technology, for which we need to create such a product.

Please feel free to write to us in case of any issues, we are glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team Empower

On 2/29/08
    This is false advertising. You have this under free software and it says free download. In the cart is shows $0.00 for the price. It says nothing of what you just said about old users from 2007, just that you needed to have purchased EMV std. So, if you do not want to honor this, then just say so. Whatever!!! I think I may want to report this. Where can I send a complaint too?
    Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:54 PM

Subject: Re: Cannot download free upgrade for EMV existing users

Thank you for getting back. That product is actually an upgrade "discount" for old users of Empower who had bought Empower last year before the Pro Edition was released and want to upgrade. Also, even for those users, the upgrade is not free - just available at a discount (as mentioned in the name itself) "EMV Pro Upgrade Discount". The price is 0 for technical reasons in the system so that it can appropriately apply discount rules.

Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-29-2008 at 02:33 AM.

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I purchased the $10.00 std version of EMV (empower) but, could not get images as advertised. I also went to the site (Mobihand.com) and saw that under free software, they were offering existing customers a free upgrade to EMV Pro. I tried to download it in hopes that I would see images and get more options. It would not accept my registered email or password. I emailed the tech dept and this is the crap I got:

Thank you for writing to us. There is no false advertising. The product name itself clearly says "EMV Pro Upgrade Discount". There are already two edition available out there which are clearly marked - Std and Pro. Infact, if the upgrade from Std to Pro was to be free why would they exist as two separate versions at all! Please understand that the shopping cart is designed such that it can only operate within a set of discount rules bound by it technology, for which we need to create such a product.

Please feel free to write to us in case of any issues, we are glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team Empower

On 2/29/08
    This is false advertising. You have this under free software and it says free download. In the cart is shows $0.00 for the price. It says nothing of what you just said about old users from 2007, just that you needed to have purchased EMV std. So, if you do not want to honor this, then just say so. Whatever!!! I think I may want to report this. Where can I send a complaint too?
    Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:54 PM
    Subject: Re: Cannot download free upgrade for EMV existing users
    Thank you for getting back. That product is actually an upgrade "discount" for old users of Empower who had bought Empower last year before the Pro Edition was released and want to upgrade. Also, even for those users, the upgrade is not free - just available at a discount (as mentioned in the name itself) "EMV Pro Upgrade Discount". The price is 0 for technical reasons in the system so that it can appropriately apply discount rules.
    Hi pdxmatts,

Just read this post, and then the email thread you have with Support. With due respect, let me say this - Both are right! You hoped that the download would upgrade you to Pro for free, but as support says it wont.
    There are two reasons why it won't work -

1. That offer expired long back (as support said - it was for old users of Empower. The offer was made here at Pinstack and other places in Dec 07. And even then it was not a free upgrade!)

2. Your purchase of EMV Std is of Feb 26, 2008. That is 1 day old.

There can be a number of reasons why you are unable to see images on your emails. But in most cases, it is simply because of incorrect APN settings. Please check your APN settings under Options > Advanced > TCP. These must be set correct for your Carrier and country. You can also look for these settings under an excellent post here at Pinstack - the link given below.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._settings.html

Lastly, I want you to be happy. If you are not satisfied with the product, please feel free to take a refund. Its technology, and sometime despite your best tries things don't work - no big deal.

Best Regards,
    Ani.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

I have tried everything that you have asked me to try and it just won't show images. Thanks anyway..

massante no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had downloaded bbsmartviewer and loved it now i had to get a replacement phone because it keptfreezing up and bbsmartviewer dosent work with new pin the access code is wrong..... t-mobile is of no help rim is looking into prob for 3 weeks now and handango says t-mobileneeds to give me new accesss code....... i have given up and will not pay again plus amnow currently unemployed anyone know wherei can get free version like that... all help greatly appriciated....