I need some help conducting an email test. The attached file will open up a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Email Test

Advertisement

I need some help conducting an email test.

The attached file will open up a DOS window, then it should open a message in your default email client. There are two questions on the email; one asks for your OS, and the other the name of the default client that popped up.

If you feel ok with it, please download the program and send me the email. You'll have a chance to cancel it even after it's opened.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment 8720
    Last edited by ma077146; 01-20-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Email Test

Maybe if you told what exactly its suppose to do more will test it ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Many Stackers are going to be reluctant to test this for you not knowing what the testing purpose is for and especially when it is going into DOS on their PC's.
    Not something many are willing to fool around with.
    Can you offer an explanation of your program and what the purpose is?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I had run the program under wine...

Tried to send an email as promised... Interesting reading in the debug info.

Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":93.0".
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":93.0".
    /home/syed/.gtkrc-2.0:56: Clearlooks configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /home/syed/.gtkrc-2.0:57: Clearlooks configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /home/syed/.gtkrc-2.0:58: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
    /usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:42: Invalid symbolic color 'fg_color'
    /usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:42: error: invalid identifier `fg_color', expected valid identifier
    DOUBLE-CLICK: 400 --> -1 THRESHOLD: 4 --> -1

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Many Stackers are going to be reluctant to test this for you not knowing what the testing purpose is for and especially when it is going into DOS on their PC's.
    Not something many are willing to fool around with.
    Can you offer an explanation of your program and what the purpose is?
    Fair statement, Lavagirl. I'm working on a desktop application to automatically generate reregistration requests for BB apps. You store the app name, your PIN number, registration number, and the vendor's email address. When you get a new device, save your new PIN number, hit a button, review the emails, and send them.

The problem I'm having is that every email program (Outlook Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) has their own way of taking text and displaying it. It also matters what way you send information to the email program.

I'm hoping to get a good idea of what an email sent from various email programs looks like, so I can have an idea of what the messages will look like.

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm a disaster with that type of testing, but it would be a great program/app/fix!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Thanks for posting up more of what the testing is about ma077146. Hope you get testers for it