Has anyone tried the edocrab app for BlackBerry? I tried it out this morning, it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK

edocrab Barcode scanning app for Blackberry

Advertisement

Has anyone tried the edocrab app for BlackBerry? I tried it out this morning, it seems like it has a lot of potential but it's not kicking it for me right now. You have to take a 100% perfect picture of the barcode for it to work. Although they have the ability to manually enter a barcode, whats the fun in that when you can "Scan/take a picture" of the barcode. Well I will test it out some more when I get around more things with barcodes. But so far I have only had 1 successful barcode decoding. And I have read their FAQs and followed their steps on taking the picture of the barcode. Check it out if you haven't already.

They say that the best way to get it to work taking a picture is with a camera that has auto focus and this includes the following:

• BlackBerry Storm
    • BlackBerry Curve 8900
    • BlackBerry Tour

Their FAQs say in newer OS updates that video scanning will be supported. But head over to their website and check it out.

http://www.edocrab.com/
    -Josh

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    im going to give this a try
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

ifeuma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256219c5
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    Has anyone tried the edocrab app for BlackBerry? I tried it out this morning, it seems like it has a lot of potential but it's not kicking it for me right now. You have to take a 100% perfect picture of the barcode for it to work. Although they have the ability to manually enter a barcode, whats the fun in that when you can "Scan/take a picture" of the barcode. Well I will test it out some more when I get around more things with barcodes. But so far I have only had 1 successful barcode decoding. And I have read their FAQs and followed their steps on taking the picture of the barcode. Check it out if you haven't already.

They say that the best way to get it to work taking a picture is with a camera that has auto focus and this includes the following:

• BlackBerry Storm
    • BlackBerry Curve 8900
    • BlackBerry Tour

Their FAQs say in newer OS updates that video scanning will be supported. But head over to their website and check it out.

http://www.edocrab.com/
    Just tried it out... Unfortunately the scan feature of this app is NOT compatible with the BOLD. It gives a pop-up message that says "Sorry, your device does not meet the hardware requirements for scanning barcodes. Please use the 'search' feature to manually enter the barcode instead."

As for the search feature, it did work for a number of UPC codes I entered, but when it doesn't have any results (regardles of what kind of product it is) it will return a pop-up message saying "Darn, no results were found for UPC xxxxxxxxxx. Certain tyoes of products such as clothing or groceries may not return results currently."

Strangely, I got that message when I entered the UPC codes for my old and new Blackberries...

Some of the pro's are that you do get several price listings depending on the product, and there are also useful reviews which can aid in making a decision on a product before paying for it. Yes, product purchases can be made online as far as I know.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120

madlibran no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207CDCA8
    Hey guys, this barcode reader scan doesnt work for the Bold...if you haven't already, you can point your browser to get.neoreader.com for a barcode scanner that works (for most products).....there is even the option for entering code manually (which you dont have to use). Check it out.....

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ifeuma View Post
    Just tried it out... Unfortunately the scan feature of this app is NOT compatible with the BOLD. It gives a pop-up message that says "Sorry, your device does not meet the hardware requirements for scanning barcodes. Please use the 'search' feature to manually enter the barcode instead."

As for the search feature, it did work for a number of UPC codes I entered, but when it doesn't have any results (regardles of what kind of product it is) it will return a pop-up message saying "Darn, no results were found for UPC xxxxxxxxxx. Certain tyoes of products such as clothing or groceries may not return results currently."

Strangely, I got that message when I entered the UPC codes for my old and new Blackberries...

Some of the pro's are that you do get several price listings depending on the product, and there are also useful reviews which can aid in making a decision on a product before paying for it. Yes, product purchases can be made online as far as I know.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120
    The scan feature right now is only supported by devices that have Auto Focus, Storm, Tour and 8900.
    -Josh

ducker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21BBD499
    I installed this app yesterday but have only used it twice and both times the app has worked as described. Perfect.
    Nice app with a ton of potential. I here a lot of people having trouble right now and the app is taking some abuse from these impatient people. The app has a lot of promise to it.
    Advice:
    Be patient with it
    Its FREE