Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I found this on Viigo. quote: You know what's annoying? Replying to an email and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Edit replies and forwards on your BlackBerry

Advertisement

I found this on Viigo. quote:

You know what's annoying? Replying to an email and not being able to edit any of the quoted text. Ditto forwarding. Everything below that Original Message line is off limits, and it can be a pain. For instance, what if I want to forward someone an email, but want some information changed, edited, or deleted? I do that all the time on my computer, so why not my BlackBerry. As you might have guessed, there's an app that can take care of the issue. Via Adam Zeis at CrackBerry we learn of Forward, Reply and Edit, an application which, yes, lets you edit forward and reply text. It sounds like an application which everyone should have on their BlackBerrys.

The integration is rather brilliant. In the desired message you click the trackball as normal, but instead of Reply or Forward, you click the Reply Edit or the Reply Forward option, which appears at the top of the menu. From there you can make the necessary edits, including spell checking, editing out sensitive information, or editing out whole strings of replies (useful in a blind copy).

As Adam notes, there's no good reason why this isn't a standard feature. It's so basic, yet so notably absent from the BlackBerry software. Hopefully this application can spread, catching RIM's attention so it can become part of a future upgrade.

The application is free, which is a plus. BBerryApp.com wants to spread its name, though, so there's a catch: you have to send a notification of the application to someone in your Address Book. That can be spammy for sure, but it's such a basic and useful app that your friend might thank you. You can download it OTA here.

This post originated at BBGeeks.com - home to all things Blackberry! Also a great source of info about Verizon BlackBerry.

Edit replies and forwards on your BlackBerry
    This post originated at BBGeeks.com - home to all things Blackberry! Also a great source of info about Verizon BlackBerry. Edit replies and forwards on your BlackBerry http://www.bberryapp.com/applications.htm
    This article was sent using my Viigo.
    For a free download, go to http://getviigo.com Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    Last edited by visionthing; 08-20-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Reduced font size

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have it installed and this is very useful and very welcome!

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thank you so much for this post, i have been wanting this and was just getting ready to purchase..now i dont have to. Downloaded and works great!!!

Thanks
    Camshafter

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow I badly need that. At times need to forward an email, while not wanting to forward the previous sender names.. Am downloading it right away
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    AWESOMENESSSSSS!!!!! Thanks!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

the application is excellent and much desired, however noticed just one issue. while you forward and edit, it would not carry any attachements which the previous email carried. Am sure this issue can be taken care off.

Btw please correct me, if other users didn't face the above.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Wait, what are we talking about? I thought we were talking about viigo lol. I'm so stoked about the soccer option. ooops!

Aww.. Lolz hee hee It is perfectly alright Raton, but now you have to try this application

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The link sends me to a "whoops" page lol It's cool. Nice to have viigo on my phone again. I just hope it doesn't drain the battery on my 8900 like it used to on my poor 8310

Http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-ap...ckberry-883203 you need to try this link. Worked for me atleast

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So wait you can now forward as pin/mms/sms/messenger? Is this the app?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is pretty impressive for edting and forwarding e-mails. Thank you for posting!!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I contacted the developer regarding the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by adils View Post
    the application is excellent and much desired, however noticed just one issue. while you forward and edit, it would not carry any attachements which the previous email carried. Am sure this issue can be taken care off.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Here is the reply:

Dear Richard,

Unfortunately this is a limitation from Blackberry themselves and there is
    no way around it at this stage. As soon as they allow us to access
    attachments we will do an upgrade to include it.

Best Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast