Im currently trying the trial version of ecell. I have my spreadsheet on excel on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pearlsrock no está en línea Stack level 2

ecell question

Advertisement

Im currently trying the trial version of ecell. I have my spreadsheet on excel on my laptop and it works fine. I got it to sync over to my pearl but when I go to add numbers into the various cells it doesnt add them up and follow my formulas as it does on excel. Im thinking Im not in the correct mode or something?Ive been toying with it for awhile but now Im stumped. Any ideas? Thanks

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: ecell question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you search my posts you'll see i've written numerous times that eCell does not work. Dump it. If you try Dyboplex's Tech support you will get the runaround with no solutions. Dump it.

Get Simprit Gridmagic. http://simprit.com

I am getting to that point of dumping it.(I just hate losing) I also have a Gridmagic trial. I actually have the Gridmagic up and running and performing correctly as I learn to get used to the format on my pearl.Its actually efficient and a one handed entry versus ecell. I do have a couple concerns about Gridmagic though. Can you use a "save as" option or just save? I want to keep my main sheet for every entry task. (Estimating and time keeping of employees) Im only seeing the save option and this overwrites my main sheet. And another thing Im not seeing is the option to email like on ecell. Will it also do that? I also am playing with mini excell trial. This is the whole reason I came to the Blackberry camp anyway to run these spreadsheets on my phone instead of lugging around my laptop.Thanks for your help

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you go to the Simprit website you'll see information about sending/recieving spreadsheets on the "Attachment Plan." I don't know about "Save As" since my needs are light and the expired trial version (no saves allowed) meets my needs just fine.Simprit's miniexcel is supposed to be an old pre-gridmagic product. Simprit actively steers you away from miniexcel and towards Gridmagic. Good luck.

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

If you don't want to overwrite information on the previous file, the only solution I can think of is you first duplicate the file, and then edit it. You can duplicate file by clicking on your file in Gridmagic and it will give that option

Hope it was helpful
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mqasim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20508e6b

If you don't want to overwrite information on the previous file, the only solution I can think of is you first duplicate the file, and then edit it. You can duplicate file by clicking on your file in Gridmagic and it will give that option

Hope it was helpful
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thats atleast a way around it. It will just make lableing the files a pain. Thanks for the idea. I wish ecell worked and was as user friendly as Gridmagic. They have the "Save as" option and a direct email option.