Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New versions of DynoPlex applications eOffice, MasterDoc, eSpell, and eWorks Pro are now available on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

danbra no está en línea Stack level 2

DynoPlex increases functionality and decreases prices with our New Version of eOffice

Advertisement

New versions of DynoPlex applications eOffice, MasterDoc, eSpell, and eWorks Pro are now available on our web site http://www.dynoplex.com at $99.95, $49.95 and $19.95 accordingly.
    eSpell now allows inline, on-the-fly spell-check that highlights misspelled words as you type. In addition to e-mail client eSpell now works within other applications on the device, such as SMS, IM, Calendar, Tasks, etc.

Major fixes and new features:

Bug with synching files between PC and BB 8830 is fixed.
    Bug with error 99 when checking spelling on BB’s with 4.1 OS is fixed.
    Minor issues with Network operations in eFile are fixed.
    Fax dialogue is optimized.
    Conversion of PC files for View All format to BB is now supported
    Merge, fill color, wrap in eCell.
    On-the-fly spellchecker as you type email or SMS.
    Calling card import and export in eWorks Pro.

Visit our website www.dynoplex.com for more information and don’t forget to email support@dynoplex.com if want to purchase our product at discounted prices. OTA installer is availble on our mobile site: on BB browser - http://dynoplex.com -> mobile -> downloads.

We would encourage your opinions on the new eOffice and MasterDoc versions in this thread. The Five most interesting threads will get a Free eOffice license, and the first five post authors will get a Free MasterDoc license.
    </SPAN>
    Dynoplex Inc.
    Productivity for Blackberry

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Re: DynoPlex increases functionality and decreases prices with our New Version of eOffice

I still think that $100 to edit office files from your blackberry is expensive.
    From what I tried Macros are not working, spell check is very 'light' and saving options limited. I wish we could save a file in PDF.
    just my 0.2cts.
    my Blog
    my Company

Florian SEROUSSI

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F
    Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    I still think that $100 to edit office files from your blackberry is expensive.
    From what I tried Macros are not working, spell check is very 'light' and saving options limited. I wish we could save a file in PDF.
    just my 0.2cts.
    I totally agree. I have used both subscription based eoffice software (Rogers) and the pay eoffice software. Personally I had a ton of problems with both versions, however I must say dynoplex has great customer support. Every problem I had they help me through it with great response time and patience. That alone would make me be a repeat customer. Customer service goes along way in this industry as there will always be bugs/issues to deal with.

cizake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C3C5B

Re: DynoPlex increases functionality and decreases prices with our New Version of eOffice

It would be nice to have eoffice as a built in app on high end BB. But I guess Dynoplex is not against this
    my Blog
    my Company

Florian SEROUSSI

PIN/ID
    2060125F
    Quote Originally Posted by cizake
    It would be nice to have eoffice as a built in app on high end BB. But I guess Dynoplex is not against this
    I would definitly pay more out right for a BB that had the dynoplex software preloaded. BB's were designed for the business person on the go how come they don't come with apps like dynoplex's eoffice. RIM and dynoplex could both capitalize on a joint venture. Furthermore the productivity of the end user (me) would go up. Especially with the new master doc app.
    Last edited by earthsfc; 09-26-2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    2060125F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I was talking with a couple colleages and they both told me that they love the online storage. I was never a big fan of it because of the security aspect of it but they said they have never had a problem. I want to try the faxing option out just to see what its like.

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

All I really want is a simple, free call log exporter.

Of course I'd love to leverage Office docs via BlackBerry, too. I don't see me doing any serious editing on the device: I've tried that approach with Docs to Go on the Treo - it is just too painful.

I'm on the site right now, and I'm intrigued that MasterDoc does faxes. Looks like I've got a bit of reading to do...

And if I read the OP correctly, I should have a license to MasterDoc on the way. Installing the demo now.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 09-25-2007 at 07:09 PM.

adam0563 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: DynoPlex increases functionality and decreases prices with our New Version of eOf

I think that it's good software but is lacking some features, probably the most noticeable one is the ability to view native files and edit them.

Also, it would be nice if they were able to show images embedded in the documents and if fonts could be shown to be different. I have e-mailed support about this and they were very helpful and even offered me a 10% discount upon asking.

I have been very impressed with their support, the product works, and although its missing a few features I think that the price is worth it if you need it. I don't think you can expect a full office suite on the BB, but this is pretty close. A few more improvements and it could be the most useful application on the BB.

The new versions are definitely improvements in the right direction. I love the mouse feature, the price has improved greatly, and it added a lot of useful new features that were missing in previous versions. The integrated spell checker is probably my favorite new feature. All in all, it is a very useful application.

That's my 2 cents.

Now where is my free version of MasterDoc :P
    Last edited by adam0563; 09-25-2007 at 10:57 PM.

PIN/ID
    2060125F

In my opinion efile is one of the best dynoplex apps to date. It is one of the most used apps on my BB. Its very handy, I sometimes like to use my BB as a flash drive. I am on the go a lot and I will always have my phone on me no matter what. Now I dont have to worry about carrying a mem stick or CD hell I dont even carry my lap top anymore.

One thing is I have noticed is that the spell check can lag every so often however the on the fly spell checker is a great improvement from the old spell check that I had previously become a custom to.

I have to agree with adam0563 the mouse feature is one of the nicest new features.

Spell check can lag every once in awhile and documents don't always convert over using the eFile Desktop application (however I am using Vista and I dont know how well it is supposed to work with Vista) however the new functionality of eSpell makes the lag worth it (it isnt much lag anyways).

And yeah, the mouse feature is probably the best new feature. In earlier versions, it was really hard to scroll around and get what you wanted to be bold and select different text and get exactly what you wanted. In this new version it makes it MUCH easier to edit documents.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

I still cannot find my love with using eoffice because of its GUI. Icons are simply too small and given that the bb has pretty good res and the hefty $100 for this suite, I believe the GUI should look more appealing cos currently it looks like cheap stuff. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

anything that costs more than free is too expensive

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

One thing I hated - and constantly resisted - on the Palm platform was Adobe's solution of converting a PDF file on the desktop for viewing on the Palm. It was cumbersome, and wouldn't permit viewing of e-mail attachments. DataViz solved that problem. There was another freeware PDF viewer developed for the Palm OS, too. Same thing with RepliGo - it seems like a great idea to be able to "take your office with you" but that means having the foresight to know what you'll need, and then the time and patience to convert everything into another format to load onto your device.

Too much work. And this seems to be the same situation.

And there is still no way to do the simplest thing - export a call log - unless I pay $80 for eWorks Pro? Seems silly to me. I'm better off paying $20 for the Amber converter and extracting data from backup .ipd files - though that seems like its own special brand of PITA.

Uninstalling now...

PIN/ID
    2060125F

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
    anything that costs more than free is too expensive
    I personally dont believe that is the case. It costs a lot to develop 3rd party apps for the BB. Someone has to pay for that work. Dont get me wrong I love freeware. However a suite like eoffice could never be freeware to much time and effort has gone into making a reliatively good editing attachments software. Even IM clients I have a buddy on the Bell network in Canada and Bell has an exclusive deal with MSN Messenger. The MSN Messenger on the bell phones is garbage. My jivetalk is much better and I had to pay for it whereas my buddies MSN came preloaded on his BB. In my opinion I dont mind paying for GOOD 3rd party apps and Dynoplex has come along way since I first started using it.

I completely agree. If it is 3rd party software that is good, it is completely worth the price. It all depends on if it is worth it to you. If its not worth the new functionality on your phone, don't buy the software. However, don't expect a new free product that does just as much with support to just pop up out of nowhere, its never going to happen. There will almost always be a program that can do more and has much better support that you have to pay for. In my opinion this product is worth what you pay for it. After all, you get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast