Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_instead.html... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Jott "Don't text and drive"

Advertisement

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Don't Text and Drive - Jott instead.....

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    You can't use a 1-800 number as a fave 5 number unfortunately.

Zo
    Will 647.724.5814 (Toronto ON local number for Jott) work? I wasn't sure if Canadian numbers qualified as I am not a T-Mobile customer...
    Last edited by visortgw; 10-16-2007 at 09:32 AM.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Don't Text and Drive - Jott instead.....

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    Will 647.724.5814 (Toronto ON local number for Jott) work? I wasn't sure if Canadian numbers qualified as I am not a T-Mobile customer...
    Their website says it is only available for U.S. and Canadian numbers currently.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

you're welcome all

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
    i tried to import my contacts using a csv file from outlook and all it finds are the names. its gonna be a pain inputting them one by one.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by dbltap
    Yeah contacts are pretty much a one ant a time process. The data mapping from Outlook or Notes was not good. The service does seem to work pretty well. I was impressed at the accuracy of the transcription. I still haven't figured out how to choose between sending an e-mail or an SMS when I have both the e-mail address and the phone number loaded for a client. Also, if a client has multiple e-mail addresses, seems like you have to put both on them in under seperate contacts.
    yeah ... I created a .CSV file from my OUTLOOK .. you can choose which parameters to pull from .... and since i don't have all of my 294 contacts organized ... i just copied it into an Excel spreedsheet .. cut and pasted and then saved and when i uploaded it .. all went fine. Then i realized ... i don't really text or e-mail the same people that I call ... so i ended up deleting a bunch of them .. and just creating groups ... and leaving the individuals i frequently text or e-mail.

Text or E-mail
    If you have a text and an e-mail for a contact ... cool way to trick the system is to have two entries one with last name Text and one with last name Mail .

... so when I wanna text my friend Anna... i just speed dial in .. and say "Jott Anna Text" or if i wanna JOTT to her e-mail addy I just say "Jott Anna Mail"

PIN/ID
    mcm180

I'm glad so many of you think this is cool too . Thank you for the points, and the comments, i love this BB community.

Hope this App comes in handy... Scary to sometimes see people on their BB's texting and driving at the same time ... maybe this will help us BB-Addicts to not have such a bad reputation for doing that.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Fave 5 works only for US numbers. It will not work for International, 800, or 976 style numbers.

Zo

haggisgirl no está en línea Stack level 2

This sounds interesting. I use Voiceminder to send myself email notes, reminders etc. Is it similar to that?
    Haggisgirl
    Why yes, that is my Miata. And, yes, it has a Ford 302.

PIN/ID
    mcm180

Yeah- except this is free and not only for reminers to self - but you can sent JOTTs (text or email) to individuals or groups. All with one call to Jott .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    hey wandering if anybody is useing this today??? JOTT
    If

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    wandering if anybody is useing this today?? JOTT
    If so do u like it.. i have a 8330 curve by verizon wireless..

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    Well the site still up, I will give it a try:

http://jott.com/default.aspx

Might work better than just typing indeed.

PIN/ID
    mcm180
    funny that you mention it, cuz i just logged on to update some contacts and stuff ... and you can also jott to livejournal, 30boxes, twitter ... and you don't only jott with a call .. you can send a text or an email.

with the new voice activated stuff like vlingo .. and google and yahoo voice searches ... it's not as hot as it was when it first came out .. but still a cool thing to have and use.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123