hi, does the yahoo messenger which i can download from the blackberry site for free ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

Does Yahoo Messenger support WLM contacts?

Advertisement

hi, does the yahoo messenger which i can download from the blackberry site for free support communication with Windows Live Messenger. As you sure know this is available at the PC version of the Yahoo messenger.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Does Yahoo Messenger support WLM contacts?

no I don't think it does, just as Google Talk does not support AIM yet on the BlackBerry (but does on the PC). RIM has a separate application for windows live messenger but not available to all BlackBerries yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    no I don't think it does, just as Google Talk does not support AIM yet on the BlackBerry (but does on the PC). RIM has a separate application for windows live messenger but not available to all BlackBerries yet.
    1. how come you are so fast?
    2. dows google talk support yahoo and msn?
    3. how did you like my new avatar? (the logo is fm my fav soccer club FENERBAHCE ISTANBUL)

ıt's a tribute to you guys and girls far far away fm istanbul

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

If you are using the TMO 8320, there is MSN available right out of the box on the device. But they are all seperate and don't cross over like on PC, on the curve it is the first time that the IM is over the data NW and can have all the clients open on their own, Just a little hard on the battery
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    If you are using the TMO 8320, there is MSN available right out of the box on the device. But they are all seperate and don't cross over like on PC, on the curve it is the first time that the IM is over the data NW and can have all the clients open on their own, Just a little hard on the battery
    thx. think i will get me jivetalk that will fix the problem. by the way, i don't own a bb yet but waiting for 8320 to come to istanbul/turkey.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by bbistanbul View Post
    thx. think i will get me jivetalk that will fix the problem. by the way, i don't own a bb yet but waiting for 8320 to come to istanbul/turkey.

I would wait and see what your provider supports then, I used Jive talk on my Pearl. And I loved it, But on the curve it has the clients built in, you will need an unlimited Data plan! Any way, what is on the curve is free, and fairly close to Jive talk in most respects. Hope you get you BB soon!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    I would wait and see what your provider supports then, I used Jive talk on my Pearl. And I loved it, But on the curve it has the clients built in, you will need an unlimited Data plan! Any way, what is on the curve is free, and fairly close to Jive talk in most respects. Hope you get you BB soon!
    thx again. will wait and see what comes out of the box

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

... by the way, i don't own a bb yet but waiting for 8320 to come to istanbul/turkey.
    sorry to hear it still did not arrive. you been waiting a long time. Any idea when it will arrive?
    they are correct above, Google Talk (and the others) do not work across chat clients, so you will need to download a few from RIM or get something like JiveTalk

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

sorry to hear it still did not arrive. you been waiting a long time. Any idea when it will arrive?
    they are correct above, Google Talk (and the others) do not work across chat clients, so you will need to download a few from RIM or get something like JiveTalk
    Actually, Yahoo 2.0 does work to talk to MSN users (not sure about Live users). I use it on a daily basis on my 8700c and talk to family that use MSN Messenger (not sure if any of them are using Live yet) with no issues. My biggest issue with Yahoo 2.0 has to do with someone trying to add me to their list. Despite what response I tell it, as soon as I log off and back on the request shows back up again.

Zo

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

oh wow, that's cool it works for you. my mother uses MSN and is on my Yahoo list on the computer but doesn't show up on the BB... oh well. she never chats anyway :P

they told me that it will arr next week. in turkey we say "insallah" what means "so god will". may be it will be a new years present for me.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

... in turkey we say "insallah" what means "so god will"...
    anladım - iyi şanslar
    I understood - good luck (for others reading this thread)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jlatessa no está en línea Stack level 2

I bit the bullet, spent the $50, and bought IM+. After several months of use, I have concluded that IM+ is worth every single penny of that $50.