Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey i heard its this aim where it showw alll the buddy's does ne body ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

liltina1088 no está en línea Stack level 1

does ne body kno bout theNEW AIM???

Advertisement

hey i heard its this aim where it showw alll the buddy's does ne body know about this new aim dat u can down load onto the blackberry and see all ur buddy on ur buddy list . like the sidekick

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I don't know if anybody knows about what you are talking about, but there is a program called jivetalk that you can download to the phone and you can see all of your buddies.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Aol messenger update is only available for phones running 4.5 os. I would imagine that is a requirement (4.5os). It should run much like the newer yahoo and msn messengers. To answer the question....it's not out and if your wanting specifics as far as tech questions there are users running the newer aol

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think that your referring to the limited buddy issue. I know there is a problem with the buddies. Only a certain number are visible through the mobile apps. I don't know if this is corrected in the 2.0 version. I did hear that this was a huge complaint and aol was working on a fix

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well... He has an 8310 and you the 8320. Would this make a difference in the different AIM clients you are referring to?

I understand you may be talking about the same issues though...
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-06-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: format edit

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    beejive.com if you want real time aim that's reliable and perfect. Jive talk trumps all others
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

vietalogy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    Yes jivetalk is the best for IMing.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    Aol messenger update is only available for phones running 4.5 os. I would imagine that is a requirement (4.5os).
    I was under the impression that Sprint users could download the AIM 2.0 client, and it would reach general availability with 4.5.

However, while AIM 2.0 comes with 4.5, there seems to be some sort of provider side requirement to actually use it (BIS version, maybe?).

JiveTalk would probably be the way to go.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I have 4.5---and no AIM....

Jivetalk is the best way to go. Will save memory too having just one program installed instead of AIM, MSN, Yahoo....etc...
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

DomP no está en línea Stack level 1
    Jive talk wins, hands down. Don't even bother with anything else, in my opinion. Well worth the money. =)

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I agree with everyone else. Not only is Jivetalk worth it, it saves a lot of precious bb memory by combining all sorts of messenger programs in one. I do suggest however, that you purchase the multiple user license for $30 rather than the $20 single user license.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I agree with everyone else. Not only is Jivetalk worth it, it saves a lot of precious bb memory by combining all sorts of messenger programs in one. I do suggest however, that you purchase the multiple user license for $30 rather than the $20 single user license.
    Well said, I also agree with the jivetalk thing

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    I think that your referring to the limited buddy issue. I know there is a problem with the buddies. Only a certain number are visible through the mobile apps. I don't know if this is corrected in the 2.0 version. I did hear that this was a huge complaint and aol was working on a fix
    I believe BeeJive's JiveTalk instant messaging (I'm) client also has limits on the number of buddies shown, but as I understand it, that limit is quite high...

Anyway, you should download the trial of JiveTalk and see how you go:

http://www.beejive.com

I don't use the Research in Motion (RIM) AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) client, but if you want to try try is out and see if the buddy list limitations have been addressed, you can do so for free at:

http://mobile.blackberry.com

Some service providers may not allow their users to download the RIM AIM client...

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    http://www.beejive.com

http://mobile.blackberry.com

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I do suggest however, that you purchase the multiple user license for $30 rather than the $20 single user license.
    Just for clarification, the $20 licence means that you can only ever use your copy of JiveTalk on a single BlackBerry, however the multi-device ($30) licence is transferable - it can be transferred between compatible devices as many times as you want...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast