A service to provide custom icons that provide direct links to websites from your icon ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

Custom Web Shortcuts

Advertisement

A service to provide custom icons that provide direct links to websites from your icon list that invoke the browser of your choice (Default, Internet, BlackBerry, WiFi, WAP).

http://www.geocities.com/sibion@ymail.com/home.html

Promotional Shortcuts (unlimited use and distribution license):
    The BlackBerry world is continuing to grow and currently the platform does not allow users to create desktop icons for their favorite shortcuts. If you want to reach a large audience by providing the ability for users to launch your website directly from their icon list this is the way to do it.

These are completely customized icons to your specification and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it and it directs the browser to exactly where you want it to go.

Promotional Shortcuts cost $20 for the unlimited use and distribution license. Select Buy Now below to purchase a Promotional Shortcut.

Intranet Shortcuts (site license):
    If you want to deploy a link to your Intranet site or various Intranet sites for users to have easy access to corporate information you have come to the right place The Custom BlackBerry Web Shortcuts install just like any other application so they can be deployed easily to corporate users.

These are completely customized icons to your specifications and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it. Additionally, since we do not have access to your corporate network and your icon will likely invoke the BlackBerry (BES) Browser we will provide support to ensure it is working properly and minor changes to URLs will be supported for 10 days after the first one is released to ensure that it is working properly.

Intranet Shortcuts cost $10 for a site license to deploy in your organization. If you are looking for shortcuts to promote your website to the public please consider purchasing a Promotional Shorcut.

Personal Shortcuts- Default/Internet/WiFi (single user license):
    If you want to make life a little easier you can have icons made for your favorite websites.

Personal Shortcuts cost $2 and can invoke the Default, Internet or WiFi Browser. If you do not know which one you want we can walk you through the benefits of each. All we will need is the Title, URL and if you have a preference on the icon image and we can set it for you.
    Last edited by 7100sib; 07-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have already made my own shortcuts, using one of the free programs Found right here on pinstack somewhere... and my own Icons for them as well, arggg where was that...
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    I have already made my own shortcuts, using one of the free programs Found right here on pinstack somewhere... and my own Icons for them as well, arggg where was that...
    Rashard,

You are absolutely right, there is an app by Jonathan Fisher that allows you to put web shortcuts on your desktop and his software is free. It is a fine piece of software and I have the utmost respect for Jonathan and his contributions to the BlackBerry fanatic community in helping others with coding problems along with some of his apps.

That being said, let me explore the benefits of the service I am providing:

1. Ability to invoke specific browser!! Web Shortcuts Hub and icons only opens the default browser and does not provide a mechanism to force a specific browser to open such as the BlackBerry Browser for those wanting to create a link to an Intranet site but their default browser is set to the Internet Browser.

2. Ease of use!! Although the Web Shortcuts app provides a nice option for free it does require some configuration, especially if you want to get a custom icon. When you reload your OS for upgrades and/or change your device you have go through the setup every time. With a Custom Blackberry Web Shorcut, once it is developed and delivered it is stored on your device like any other third party application so when you do the Device Switching or upgrade OS using desktop manager it will include the custom icons that were purchased just like all your other apps.

3. Ease of deployment!!! Most BES Admins/Companies that want to deploy an icon for the BB icon list want to make it as easy as possible for the end users or else it will not be installed. The Custom BlackBerry Web Shortcuts I am offering provide this easy method for deployment with Desktop Manager (alx/cod) files and OTA (jad/cod) files for deployment it is as easy as pushing it to your BES users or providing an OTA link for them to click and select install.

These are just the three highlights to the purpose of this service. Like I said, some other apps are great, however, this provides a unique function that those do not. Thanks for bringing up this point for me to articulate some of the benefits.

That being said, check out my website and considering purchasing an icon today:

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Aww yes, very nice, reply, and I was only referring to the personal shortcuts part, because it was kind of missleading, something about it not being able to be done. And yes if you reboot, or change themes you will lose your icon, but once you click on the shortcut it reloads it again. I was only pointing out to the few, that may come across this, that there are a couple of options.

Now get me something that opens Opera, and we can talk about it Every other aspect of your pitch is Great, and well worth it.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative.

Oh can we send you our own icons? here is one I made for one of my fav sites...

It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Aww yes, very nice, reply, and I was only referring to the personal shortcuts part, because it was kind of missleading, something about it not being able to be done. And yes if you reboot, or change themes you will lose your icon, but once you click on the shortcut it reloads it again. I was only pointing out to the few, that may come across this, that there are a couple of options.

Now get me something that opens Opera, and we can talk about it Every other aspect of your pitch is Great, and well worth it.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative.

Oh can we send you our own icons? here is one I made for one of my fav sites...

Rashard,

No negativity noted, it was nice to point this out to the others that may come across this thread that there is another option and a good one at that. It also gave me an opportunity to get the benefits of this service out of my head and into words so others could realize the benefits that led me to providing this as a service.

Also, if/when you purchase any of the custom shortcuts you can absolutely provide the icon of your choice. In fact, below is the information that I will request after payment is recieved to make the shortcut "custom". Could I really call it "Custom BlackBerry Web Shortcuts" if I do not allow the buyer to select their own icon. That being said I am happy to attempt to develop the icon myself if desired by the buyer.

Title:
    This will be what is displayed when the icon is selected by the user if the Theme displays Application Name on the screen (e.g. http://www.google.com)

URL:
    Please provide the URL that you would like the shortcut to direct the browser to when a user clicks on the icon (e.g. Google)

Browser:
    Provide the browser you would like to invoke for your shortcut, options are Default, Internet, BlackBerry, WiFi and WAP.

Icon: Please email me a picture that you would like to be used for the icon of your shortcut. I will work to get it the right size and provide you a screenshot of what it will look like. Some tips include; avoid dark backgrounds or provide a white border so it will be visible on dark backgrounds on the device, avoid small words as they are not always visible in an icon size (pictures/logos work best).
    Last edited by 7100sib; 07-22-2008 at 04:51 PM.

moestepp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7100sib View Post
    A service to provide custom icons that provide direct links to websites from your icon list that invoke the browser of your choice (Default, Internet, BlackBerry, WiFi, WAP).

Promotional Shortcuts (unlimited use and distribution license):
    The BlackBerry world is continuing to grow and currently the platform does not allow users to create desktop icons for their favorite shortcuts. If you want to reach a large audience by providing the ability for users to launch your website directly from their icon list this is the way to do it.

These are completely customized icons to your specification and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it and it directs the browser to exactly where you want it to go.

Promotional Shortcuts cost $20 for the unlimited use and distribution license. Select Buy Now below to purchase a Promotional Shortcut.

Intranet Shortcuts (site license):
    If you want to deploy a link to your Intranet site or various Intranet sites for users to have easy access to corporate information you have come to the right place The Custom BlackBerry Web Shortcuts install just like any other application so they can be deployed easily to corporate users.

These are completely customized icons to your specifications and you will recieve Desktop Manager and OTA files as well as hosted services for your files if desired. We will work closely with you to make sure the icon looks just as you expect it. Additionally, since we do not have access to your corporate network and your icon will likely invoke the BlackBerry (BES) Browser we will provide support to ensure it is working properly and minor changes to URLs will be supported for 10 days after the first one is released to ensure that it is working properly.

Intranet Shortcuts cost $10 for a site license to deploy in your organization. If you are looking for shortcuts to promote your website to the public please consider purchasing a Promotional Shorcut.

Personal Shortcuts- Default/Internet/WiFi (single user license):
    If you want to make life a little easier you can have icons made for your favorite websites.

Personal Shortcuts cost $2 and can invoke the Default, Internet or WiFi Browser. If you do not know which one you want we can walk you through the benefits of each. All we will need is the Title, URL and if you have a preference on the icon image and we can set it for you.
    if i have 2 website do i have to pay twice or?? does that cover both?

Quote Originally Posted by moestepp View Post
    if i have 2 website do i have to pay twice or?? does that cover both?
    Moestepp.

Great question, the price is per shortcut so if you have 2 websites you would have to pay twice.

However, if anyone has some volume (greater than 5 at one time) I would be happy to discuss the option to provide some discounts to make it more appealing.

Regards,
    SIBION