Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Originally Posted by jblackfish I tried to do the procedure in the 2nd page of ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

curlin31 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I tried to do the procedure in the 2nd page of this thread and it worked until the download failed due to "907 Invalid COD not found" I was trying to open the jad file for a Pinstack theme to load on my 8100. Can anyone tell me either how to get a COD file or how to get around this? (I know that normally jad and cod files com in pairs, right? Did I overlook something?)
    I'm having the EXACT same problem. I really think this method of installing apps via explore is only applicable to .jar files, because I have not read about anyone having success with .jad files. There is a consistent error "907 Invalid COD not found"
    Anyone have any suggestions, success?

curlin31 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'VE GOT IT!!! I've been trying to get Meteor Crusher on my fiancees Pearl 8100 with only the .jad file to work with. And since she doesn't have data, there was no way to do an OTA like I was able to since I have wifi on my 8320. What I did is opened the .jad file with MS Word, and looked at the following lines of the script:

RIM-COD-URL: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-1: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-2: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-1.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-3: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-2.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-4: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-5: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_sounds_resources_Q CMIDI_MP3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-6: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_sounds_resources_Q CMIDI_MP3-1.cod

Once I had these, I figured that these were the end of a url on blackberry's site. So I thought, it's probably in the same directory where the .jad file was located:

mobile.blackberry.com/resources/game_catalog/games/4.2.0/8100/MeteorCrusher8100.jad

And sure enough, I plugged each of them onto the end of the url: mobile.blackberry.com/resources/game_catalog/games/4.2.0/8100/

and it was the direct link to each of the necessary .cod files!! I dragged the .cod files into the same directory the .jad file was on the 8100, and now instead of getting that 907 invalid error, the game downloaded successfully and runs fine. I had been research this for nearly a total of 3 hours so needless to say, i'm excited to have figured a solution out completely on my own. Hope that this logic helps others solve their .jad nightmares!
    Last edited by curlin31; 10-17-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: made it easier to read

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2
    wow, impressive! That is so great and YAY YOU!!! i love that feeling of beating the odds

now all i need to do is to find out how to post my OTA themes so i can share
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    is this only for games or will it work for themes too?
    silvermoon

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    No, you cannot install a .jad file. A .jad file is just an information file that cooresponds to the .jar file, which has the "stuff" of the app.

Demogorgon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried downloading a 'free' gps tracking app, using the instructions provided above... The instructions were correct...only, the .jar file download failed. It was listed, but the OTA download just failed. Thanks for the help.

betwelve2005 no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is a program called JAR 2 ALX which can be used to convert .jar files to .alx. It also has the ability to create a .jad file if you have the .jar. It can be found here http://brandon.berryreview.com/

joshuabourn167 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do i get a link to download JAR 2 ALX

i use a 8300 curve, i have installed the software manager and it works fine. i need a converter because jave file dont work on it. please send me a link to download the converter

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Something new, to me, thx a lot!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

donalzaody no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanx for u alllllllllllll

DinaDivas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21e357ef
    Quote Originally Posted by debasishrc View Post
    I tried to load .jar files by using DM. It did not work.
    i tried, send Jad File, through Deskstop M
    but, the answer is file Error in my BB device
    MyTwitter
    Myfacebook
    Dougherty 9700 --> Pin : 21E357EF
    Glad be Your Friend

itaigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1
    my blackberry 8900 doesnt load the jad files is therre no way to convert them free to alx??? this is so frustrating!
    thanks....

cookiis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Just wondering, after you install the jad files can you delete them from the game folder afterwards?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm going through a similar issue... friend of mine gave me a theme... unfortunately it's only the .jad file and it's not the hyperlink to the .jad file... I've tried everything to get this theme loaded... ALX to JAD converter, BBSAK, MCP... I'm running out of ideas...

dancingqueen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by curlin31 View Post
    I'VE GOT IT!!! I've been trying to get Meteor Crusher on my fiancees Pearl 8100 with only the .jad file to work with. And since she doesn't have data, there was no way to do an OTA like I was able to since I have wifi on my 8320. What I did is opened the .jad file with MS Word, and looked at the following lines of the script:

RIM-COD-URL: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-1: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-2: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-1.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-3: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-2.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-4: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_graphics_resources _240x160-3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-5: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_sounds_resources_Q CMIDI_MP3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-6: com_plazmic_games_meteorcrusher_sounds_resources_Q CMIDI_MP3-1.cod

Once I had these, I figured that these were the end of a url on blackberry's site. So I thought, it's probably in the same directory where the .jad file was located:

mobile.blackberry.com/resources/game_catalog/games/4.2.0/8100/MeteorCrusher8100.jad

And sure enough, I plugged each of them onto the end of the url: mobile.blackberry.com/resources/game_catalog/games/4.2.0/8100/

and it was the direct link to each of the necessary .cod files!! I dragged the .cod files into the same directory the .jad file was on the 8100, and now instead of getting that 907 invalid error, the game downloaded successfully and runs fine. I had been research this for nearly a total of 3 hours so needless to say, i'm excited to have figured a solution out completely on my own. Hope that this logic helps others solve their .jad nightmares!
    hmm.. i don't really get it. will this method work for downloading a .jad theme file?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789