Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyone has had great things to say about BBspell . That's why we want to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Contest #9 - BBSpell Giveaway!

Advertisement

Everyone has had great things to say about BBspell. That's why we want to give everyone a change to win a full registered copy of BBspell!

Here's a little about BBspell: Simple... Just. Blackberry. Spellchecking.

Communication errors can be costly to your reputation and your bottom line. Protect your valuable relations by ensuring the accuracy of your correspondence. BbSpell seamlessly integrates with the Blackberry email application to easily and accurately check your email in seconds.

To enter the contest...
    answer any one of the following questions via Blackberry (wap.pinstack.com):

1) Why do you think 'SureType' makes it easier or more difficult to thumb spelling errors on your Blackberry?
    2) Why do you think the new 'QWERTY' Blackberry models are easier or more difficult to thumb messages with?

Three winners will receive a full 12 month reg key with their copy of BBspell! Can't wait to try download BBspell here.

The winners will be announced this Saturday!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Contest #9 - BBSpell Giveaway!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

1) SureType makes it easier to type because it predicts the next letter in the word you're typing.

2) The full keyboard blackberry devices seem more like typing is a hunt and peck method. There is no prediction of the letters and words you want to use other than autotext.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Suretype makes spelling right harder. The predictive text often gets it worng and I would miss it. I was also too lazy to go back and fix it. I found moving around in the typing difficult with suretype. I also would get confused as to where a letter was.

The full keyboard makes it much easier for me to type and spell correctly. I also find it easier to move back and around on the 8700 than the 7100. I make sure I hit the right key to start with. I know where they are all as I spend all day at a pc anyhow.

newleonne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a2aaeb

I think the new 'QUERTY' keyboards are easier because suretype sux if you are typing in another language or using slang

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Coming from Suretype and moving to a full Qwerty, I can definately see the benefits of both, but I much prefer the full keyboard. There's no second guessing, no having to look back up at that word you just think you typed. I found suretype to be too cumbersome with the issue of two common words being the exact same keystrokes (get/hey & guy/hit, etc) . It may predict words, but it doesn't parse your grammar.
    Now, when I BBmsg with suretype users, I just giggle at their spelling woes.
    In conclusion, having used both, I can honestly say I'm faster and more accurate with a full keyboard, I don't mind talking on a pancake.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Having used both I feel you have a worse time with suretype. I have used the 7100 and if you are not sure how to spell a word you have to watch what you are spelling and make sure you choose the correct letter by moving the scroll and sometimes the spell check could not figure out the word. With full I can sound it out, get close, and then spell check. I use a keyboard at work every day so I know where the keys are.

PIN/ID
    ask

2) The new 'qwerty' on my 8700g seemed harder to thumb at first because the keys are closer. My view has changed now that I've gotten use to the placement of the keys. I can type faster or about the same speed and with less errors on the new 8700g so I'm glad RIM kept 'qwerty' and reserched it enough to develop a reduced size that enhances the ease of thumbing.

rkit123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I like my full qwerty keyboard on my 7290 I misspell less words using it then with any other type of keys suretype and me don't get along to well (wap.pinstack.com)~

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

1) Why do you think 'SureType' makes it easier or more difficult to thumb spelling errors on your Blackberry?

Suretype makes it more difficult to generate spelling errors as it catches (and corrects) some of the more common errors. But the way it works means you'd have to have a LONG list to make it catch everything!

2) Why do you think the new 'QWERTY' Blackberry models are easier or more difficult to thumb messages with?

8700 is more difficult than 7290 as the keys are closer. But both are a lot better than 7100 style keyboard, which is only better than a normal mobile phone.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

1.) Suretype is like a wild dog, once you get it tamed it can be your best friend. However, I've found that the suretype of the 7100 models offers more chance for mistakes than the qwerty of other models. Becasue some words may be predicted that aren't correct in context of the sentence it looks a little silly. Case in point, on the suretype keyboard "day" and "fat" are the same key sequence. Often times I have had "fat" inserted where I was wanting "day" to be typed. Everyone wondered why I would tell them to, "have a wonderful fat." The words "see" and "are" have the same problem. I believe you can ultimately type faster on a qwerty keyboard, however, suretype is very functional and offers some nice features. Either way, I'll always need a spell check program.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

This time via my BlackBerry...

Suretype makes it more difficult to generate spelling errors as it catches (and corrects) some of the more common errors. But the way it works means you'd have to have a LONG list to make it catch everything!

8700 is more difficult than 7290 as the keys are closer. But both are a lot better than 7100 style keyboard, which is only better than a normal mobile phone.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

The suretype was harder for me that is why I switch from a 7130 to a7520. The 7130 would revert back to spanish input from the keyboard every time it was rebooted.
    I think it is much easier to input text with the full keyboard.

TNLPC no está en línea Stack level 1
    My first Blackberry was a 957 back in 1999...now I use the 7290. The key spacing is great, less chance of hitting ajacent keys as you do on the 8700 and 7100 series phone.Give full control.It would be like stepping backwards having been on a full key board for all these years.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I don't use Suretype. I prefer the full QWERTY keyboards. Even with the hunt-and-peck format and the thumbs-only approach, the familiar keyboard is preferable.

PIN/ID
    ask

And the winners are...

Ruminator,
    BenMarvin, and bmanley!

Please send a PM and your PIN (if not already in your profile) to collect.

Congrats all!

P.S. New contest on it's way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast