Is anyone aware of any applications that will allow you to ping from your BlackBerry, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Command Prompt on BlackBerry

Advertisement

Is anyone aware of any applications that will allow you to ping from your BlackBerry, much like a command prompt on your desktop. I'm looking for something that will run on 7520/7100 devices. I checked out Idokorro Mobile Admin and it looks like it's overkill for what I'm looking to do. I just need a real simple app to ping printers on our network for troubleshooting purposes. Thanks in advance for any help.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Command Prompt on BlackBerry

Can you try bringing up the internal printer webpage from the handheld?

There is no command prompt feature on the BlackBerry devices. You will have to use a 3rd party application to accomplish what you want. Which one, I don't know.

PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Thanks for the speedy reply d_fisher. That would work. I had not thought about that. However, we are also looking for a sollution to allow us to ping routers to determine whether or not a specific remote office is down and such. Anyone out there know anything that allows users to ping from the BB?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Here's what I use. Works great with routes, windows server access, pinging and more..:
    http://www.idokorro.com/products/ma-features.shtml

PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Yeah, the Idokorro one does what I was looking for, but we're looking for something that we can give access to about 25 people within our department. The Mobile Admin tool is overkill if we are going to be using it only to ping routers and is expensive also.

PilarOfCreation no está en línea Stack level 1

How to ping from BB

I wanted to do almost the exact same thing as you - I was looking and can't find a command prompt app for blackberry.

If you have any unix/linux ssh-enabled boxes in your organization, you can use an SSH client like midpSSH and send a ping from those. Or, you could see about installing a Windows SSH client somewhere which would basically accomplish the same thing. It's free, and not quite as overboard as an RDS solution IMO.