HI all, I recently upgraded my phone from 8700c to 8310 and it has gone ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

Changed from 8700 to 8310-Datavault software asking to register?

Advertisement

HI all, I recently upgraded my phone from 8700c to 8310 and it has gone very smoothly except for the Ascendo Datavault. I had a registered copy installed on my 8700 and desktop. Now, the desktop software is just fine, but it didn't come over to my 8310. So I OTA downloaded it. It wants a registration key. I put in the one that handango gave me, but it doesn't work.
    I wrote to handango and have had absolutely no response.
    Surely someone else has already gone through this. Help!

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

BlackBerry software license keys are typically tied to the device PIN. "Most" vendors will provide you with a new key when you switch devices. Try contacting the software developer directly (as opposed to Handango), and you will most likely get q quicker response.

primal5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try emailing the software company instead of handango. I have had good luck doing this in the past. Handango just resells the software and probably would refer you to the software company anyway.

Good luck

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Actually, I think Ascendo will just refer you back to Handango... I was checking that out as I'm considering getting a new BB and this is what I found:

Question: I got a new phone. Can I use the software I bought on the new phone?
    Answer
    : Then Ascendo End User License allows you to transfer a Ascendo DataVault from one handset to another. However, DataVault Version 4 and above, requires a handset specific registration key. Please check with the Ascendo Sales Partner from which you bought DataVault for their policy on generating new keys.

PIN/ID
    218255b2
    And that takes me back to the original problem, handango's no response.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I also recently upgraded and had the same problem. I contacted the software house who pointed me back to handango. After maiing all the info including both old and new pin number (oh and about 3 days)handango resonded giving me a new reg no !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    218255b2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just got it from ascendo. Working good now. Thanks to all.