Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by bready I can't speak from experience considering my kids are not teenagers ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bready
    I can't speak from experience considering my kids are not teenagers yet, but I seem to recall being a teenager. There was a lot of stuff I did that I either lied about or didn't tell to my parents. I did it mostly because I knew what what I was doing was wrong or illegal. Parents can talk to their teenagers, yes, but don't you dare think they will be open about everything.

BReady ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ps. Dr Phil is an idiot.

lol...All of the above is true

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    My daughter is a teenager and we are very close talk about everything. I hate to admit I considered it, I told her I had considered it because I was worried for her safety. Hiding all this is bad idea and shows lack of trust..talk is the only answer. Unless and ONLY her life is in danger. My 2cents siblings should NOT be involved in ANY of this..

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    Being an older brother, ill admit as many times as I tried to convince my mother to track my sisters footsteps, and travels by monitering her calls and anything else!! What I learned that, that doesent solve the problem at all.

Yes if we used a gps, we couldve found out where she was, and wher she's going. But there's a deeper issue than that at hand. In the end the mom and daughter are going to have to handle this in there own way, if they don't, this could become a bigger issue later. (continues filling out job app, to be writer for Dr.Phil lol!!!)

senator1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    My sister is 14, I got out of high school 2 years ago, I know the kind of stuff that goes on in high schools.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 12-16-2006 at 06:38 PM.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Set up Mologogo on her phone.

backbeat no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    Quote Originally Posted by senator1
    My sister is 14, I got out of high school 2 years ago, I know the kind of stuff that goes on in high schools.
    At 14, isn't she just a tad young for high school?

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~As naďve as children can be,In a split second they can easily be placed in jeopardy. Trust has nothing to do with this, its safety.

I do not care how much my child confides in me, kids will not just come clean with what they're up to, regardless if it is honest or not. I plan to put a low jack on their behinds in a hot minute.

Prime example, just last month my girlfriend just plucked her trusting 16 year old daughter from the state of Washington. We live in Maryland. The daughter met a 42 year old troll online. And in a twinkle baby girl was gone.

Thank goodness the trolls brother noticed this girl as being very young, and contacted the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellidansa
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~As naďve as children can be,In a split second they can easily be placed in jeopardy. Trust has nothing to do with this, its safety.

I do not care how much my child confides in me, kids will not just come clean with what they're up to, regardless if it is honest or not. I plan to put a low jack on their behinds in a hot minute.

Prime example, just last month my girlfriend just plucked her trusting 16 year old daughter from the state of Washington. We live in Maryland. The daughter met a 42 year old troll online. And in a twinkle baby girl was gone.

Thank goodness the trolls brother noticed this girl as being very young, and contacted the cops.
    If the child believes they are in a safe environment, and will continue to receive moral/emotional support from their parents despite their human errors as they make childish mistakes, they have no reason to desire a means of escape such as this. Unfortunately, what you describe is an already broken relationship which needs repair.

On a sidenote - Those encouraging invasive surveillance are just gonna love the effects this gateway issue brings by enabling an even more Orwellian world placed on responsible adults.

MrLA no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check out WWW.Connect2car.com!

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    If the child believes they are in a safe environment, and will continue to receive moral/emotional support from their parents despite their human errors as they make childish mistakes, they have no reason to desire a means of escape such as this. Unfortunately, what you describe is an already broken relationship which needs repair.

On a sidenote - Those encouraging invasive surveillance are just gonna love the effects this gateway issue brings by enabling an even more Orwellian world placed on responsible adults.

Sorry to disappoint, their relationship is a solid one.....Regarding invasive surveillance, the gateway has already opened, Being in the Federal Government in DC, I know I am being watched, I have no problems at all....that is if I am being naughty....

Hell, there are nutty folks out there who have cameras installed in the restrooms/bathrooms...getting their jollies off watching folks.......

And some of those nuts consider themselves to be responsible adults......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bellidansa
    Sorry to disappoint, their relationship is a solid one
    No disappointment whatsoever. However, there is clearly a troubled teen involved who travels independently across 3000+ miles to meet someone she doesn't truly know. You can compartmentalize this however you like, but teen decisions are what took her there, not some disturbed 40-something. Surveillance will not teach her to make wiser, responsible decisions.

Invasive governmental surveillance is not liberty to the lawful.

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by backbeat
    No disappointment whatsoever. However, there is clearly a troubled teen involved who travels independently across 3000+ miles to meet someone she doesn't truly know. You can compartmentalize this however you like, but teen decisions are what took her there, not some disturbed 40-something. Surveillance will not teach her to make wiser, responsible decisions.

Invasive governmental surveillance is not liberty to the lawful.
    A teen, like a child and some adults (*giggle) can be easily influenced.....just so happens a 40 yr old wacko did the influencing....and obviously won.

True, being watched when you are being an honest citizen is of concern, however we all can agree the world isn't what it used to be 6 yrs. ago.

Not too sure if you have young teens of your own, I do, and for as long as they are using my vehicles, my internet, and being in my home I plan on having that third eye on them...when it all comes down to it, I will be the one who is responsible for their actions....regardless to how fair or unfair it is....

We can agree to disagree, my friend...

phidauex no está en línea Stack level 2
    As someone who was once a teenager, I'm going to make a prediction about how such as survelliance process would proceed:

1. You manage to install a survelliance system on her phone.
    2. She goes to a party she wasn't supposed to go to.
    3. She gets caught by her parents, and it is revealed that they were spying on her through her phone.
    4. She learns to leave her phone at 'trusted' locations while doing bad things. Gets prepaid phone that she doesn't tell parents about.
    5. She learns to NEVER say a WORD about her real life to her family, because they are sneaks, liars, and NOT to be trusted.
    6. Relationship with parents is permanently damaged, relationship with rest of the world harmed, because of inherent distrust.
    7. Parents loose touch with daughter by age 18, daughter gets into more trouble than she would have normally, because she's learned never to discuss difficult topics with her parents, and never to seek guidance from them.

Sounds like a recipe for success, to me!

Good luck with your survelliance plan.

peace,
    sam

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Alot of us would not be the people we are if it were not for the way our parents raised us.

Sprint-Nextel has GPS applications that allow you to see where the phone is at all times, without letting the person know they are being tracked. It is a huge seller with parents wanting to track their children.

JeffW no está en línea Stack level 1
    Better check the law on doing this. How old is your sister? Does she pay her own cell phone bill? The same applies to installing a gps tracker. Does she own the car?

Quote Originally Posted by senator1
    My parents think my sister is lying to them about where she goes on weekends. Anything I can do to my phone or hers so my parents or I can see where she is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast