Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

I am trying to set it up as an OTA Software Configuration". We have other ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

HotWax no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Advertisement

I am trying to set it up as an OTA Software Configuration". We have other apps that we have setup this way. Chapter 5 of the BES 4.1 Sys. Admin. Guide if you need more information. Yes, if I move the ALX and COD files around they do show in the Core OS list, that however does not allow Wireless delivery.
    This is where we put our Application for OTA delivery...
    D:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\LexSpell
    D:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications\LexSpellUS

for the app to show under the Core OS selection I have to put the Files in..
    D:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.377_P2.0.0.152\Java

If you want more detail let me know and I can email you some screen shots and specification.pkg files.

Thanks!

acrs no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

downloaded 1.5 and I am getting a message saying lexpell could not find word list database......

kolev no está en línea Developer

acrs, rtfm OR free up some space on the device; either could be the problem.

HotWax, what happens if you put the LexSpell files under the application and not the system directory folder? They are simply not showing up as they are supposed to?

Did you notice the COD files are in a different folder than the ALX files and the ALX has an entry specifying the directory?

Have you tried to remove that entry in the ALX and move the CODs and ALXes in the same folder?

casamurphy no está en línea Stack level 2

Still not showing on menu...

I paid my $10, but Lexspell still does not show up on any menu.

The only way the program works is to copy and paste into it and then copy and paste back out of it.

I might as well just start all my correspondence in Lexspell.

Aren't I supposed to have a Lexspell menu choice when composing email that will allow me to select part of the email and then trigger Lexspell directly from within the email program?

Yes you are.
    Which version of LexSpell are you running?
    We haven't had this complaint ever since we released 1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by kolev
    acrs, rtfm OR free up some space on the device; either could be the problem.

HotWax, what happens if you put the LexSpell files under the application and not the system directory folder? They are simply not showing up as they are supposed to?

Did you notice the COD files are in a different folder than the ALX files and the ALX has an entry specifying the directory?

Have you tried to remove that entry in the ALX and move the CODs and ALXes in the same folder?

Yes, I've tried putting them in the Applications dir. 2 files are created when loader.exe /index is run, specification.pkg and PkgDBCache.xml. The xml file, when compared to the BBweater app. that works, is quite a bit different. Leading me to belive that there is some code missing from the COD file?

LexSpell...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <PackageDBCache version="1.0">
    <packagedb hwid="0x00000000" size="0" />
    </PackageDBCache>

BBWeather...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <PackageDBCache version="1.0">
    <packagedb hwid="0x00000000" size="0">
    <package id="BBWeather">
    <verbiage>
    <name>BBWeather</name>
    <description>BlackBerry Weather Information</description>
    <copyright>Copyright (c) 2005 Chris Miles</copyright>
    <vendor>Chris Miles</vendor>
    <version>0.74</version>
    </verbiage>
    <modules>
    <module name="BBWeather" version="0.74" size="30696" hash="bd26205e252f7fbfec022860a88246af0df86bdb" />
    </modules>
    <package id="BBWeatherIcons">
    <verbiage>
    <name>BBWeatherIcons</name>
    <description>BlackBerry Weather icons</description>
    <version>0.74</version>

</verbiage>
    <modules>
    <module name="BBWeatherIcons" version="0.74" size="53480" hash="2f3a479580ace5b7ef608b809dd804bf672ce41a" />
    </modules>
    </package>
    <package id="BBUtils">
    <verbiage>
    <name>BBUtils</name>
    <description>BlackBerry utility library for BB suite of products</description>
    <version>0.74</version>
    </verbiage>
    <modules>
    <module name="BBUtils" version="1.0" size="6396" hash="4ab035bd05d90b0fd1c988bc365ba5ab5bad0d4c" />
    </modules>
    </package>
    </package>
    </packagedb>
    </PackageDBCache>

I just edited the ALX files and removed the Directory specification and LexSpell now shows in the Blackberry Manager Software Configuration!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax
    I just edited the ALX files and removed the Directory specification and LexSpell now shows in the Blackberry Manager Software Configuration!!
    Excellent! Please keep us posted, I would like to know everything worked out well.

Will be looking for an enterprise quote request :-)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HotWax
    Is there a special editor for alx files? Could you tell me specifically what you changed? I'd like to give that a shot.

ALX is a simple text file containing XML type of document.
    There is an entry inside, a section which looks like this:
    <folder>
    LexSpell
    </folder>

I am not usre if "folder" was the exact name of the secion, but it contains the name of the folder (relative to the ALX file location) where the COD files are placed.

Many companies place the ALX and COD files in the same folder for the ease of use; when so, this section is empty.

For various reasons BEIKS opted to take advantage of the ability to place CODs in separate folders.

casamurphy no está en línea Stack level 2

Which version of LexSpell are you running?
    We haven't had this complaint (absense of LexSpell in menu within apps) ever since we released 1.4.

Version 1.1 I went to the BEIKS site and downloaded the latest version offered there which was 1.4 and my problem was solved. I had to send an email to BEIKS support, though, becasue I misplaced my registration code for the old version 1.1.."ni modo!"
    Last edited by casamurphy; 02-01-2007 at 04:33 AM. Reason: updated info

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

I just installed the spell checker with no problems. I composed and clicked the lexspell option and it asked me to ignore or add every single word? Ill get back too you guys after i compose more emails. The program runs and installed smooth.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

I just wanted to say that i have 3 spellcheckers and they all run seperately and dont interfere with each other. Dont delete your other spell checkers if your having an instalation problem and using an 8703e. Hope this helps someone.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

Question Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Quote Originally Posted by kolev
    Excellent! Please keep us posted, I would like to know everything worked out well.

Will be looking for an enterprise quote request :-)
    kolev, who should I contact for that quote?

Thanks!

Melerant, would you post the text that gives you all errors?
    Could it be you have updated only the program and NOT the word list that comes with 1.5?

Also, why are you keeping 3 spell checkers?
    What is it that LexSpell does not give you and you need another spell checker for?

HotWax, write directly to sales at beiks dot com. If you need to talk to a live person leave a phone.

You can also PM me and I can quote you.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast