Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

MotoUp and TecBloke, please give me your PIN numbers. Also please play with the "use ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kolev no está en línea Developer

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Advertisement

MotoUp and TecBloke, please give me your PIN numbers.

Also please play with the "use minimal memory" setting and tell me if you have any difference in experience. You can send me a private message for that if you want and I will respond with the activation codes.

From what I get you do not actually *need* to use it, right?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

I switch to minimal memory use for about 5 emails over the course of the last couple hours. I really didn't see any difference in speed at all. I rebooted my BB to see if it made any difference in unloading the dictionary from memory or not, but it still didn't make any difference. I'd say if anything, maybe half a second to a second slower, which to me is still acceptable.

When I don't have it set to use minimal memory, does it retain the dictionary in memory, or does it clear out once you are done using LexSpell? I tried opening up Google Maps at the same time LexSpell was open, and it didn't seem to slow things down any at all. I am using a BB 8703e, which doesn't allow for any additional memory cards, so I have the standard 64 MB built into the phone.

So to answer your question, no, I don't "need" to use minimal memory from what I can tell so far.

One thing I have noticed is on a few words, just happened to intentionally misspell them, such as anser, did not return answer, which surprised me a little bit. I ran into a few of those. anser actually returned a "baser" as the first result.

I'm not nitpicking, just pointing things out. I still love it! I'm more than happy to throw my comments out there so you can release a greater product.

I will PM you with my pin.

Well, it appears that I have to have 10 posts to send a PM, so here's my 10th post.

Can someone else confirm they do not feel difference in speed when working under either setting of the "Use minimum memory" setting?

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi

I didn't really see much difference is speed. I have lots of spare memory so perhaps someone who is nearer to full may see a difference? Also I noticed the spell check did not suggest 'test'when it found 'tets.' This is the first time I have not been offered a correct word in the suggestions.This only after reading MotoUp's post

I sent my PIN in a PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

Got the reg code thanks, and it went in no problem. Does anything else need to be tested specifically?

Still working great for me too. I love it! I'm here to test whatever you need as well.

And yes, thank you very much for the reg code.

I think we'll go public with this release next week.

Just keep me posted for anything unusual, or features you like to see etc.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

kolev,
    was the whole day/month issue ever fixed? I feel that when I type "monday" or "february" it still doesn't know those words

was there an updated dictionary that I didn't get? I too would like a reg code if possible...

Quote Originally Posted by ajmctaggart
    kolev,
    was the whole day/month issue ever fixed? I feel that when I type "monday" or "february" it still doesn't know those words

was there an updated dictionary that I didn't get? I too would like a reg code if possible...
    The issue is certainly resolved in LexSpell 1.4.

Did you contribute to this thread? I can't find the posts...sorry if I missed them, let me know!

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

I will have to purchase the release then, I did not contribute to this thread, no. Great ap, thanks for your devel.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I stopped using it as it cant check sms text or memopad text like BBspell can. It also doesnt seem as through as a server based database checker can be. Others like BBspell offer medical, legal and other languages as well.

This doesn't sound worded much for this thread, does it? :-)

Luckily we do not want to be a monopoly, nor do we claim we will fit every single need out there.

But the post raises two interesting questions albeit failing to actually clarify why a local only solution would not have the power or convenience of a server based soluton. After all even today some 95% of the world uses local spelling checkers in Outlook and Word, don't they?
    If Microsoft is moving toward a connected solution it's not because the spell checking there is better, in fact if you bother checking this out you might surprisingly find that the proof in the new Office is still local :-)

Put simply, a spelling checker is not exactly a rocket science. It also doesn't tend to change very dynamically for obvious reasons: a notable change in any language can usually only be seen over a few generations.

You are completely right on the extra dictionaries, though - that's one thing coming in LexSpell Pro.
    You are also right on the lack of proof in other applications...that's coming ever sooner, possibly only for registered users.

Stay tuned for more betas...or stick with the old solutions as long as they work for you...we don't mind either way.

There will hopefully never be one perfect software.

There will always be room for smaller, faster, cheaper and - at least for some - better software.

The next LexSpell release close to a public beta state.

We might as well consider releasing it as version 2.0 because of all the new features and changes to it.

The reason of this post is actually to ask if you guys know a way to make a private thread here on pinstack?

Or, alternatively, if you would mind joining me in another place - say yahoo groups or google groups - where we can have a more selected and responsive group of testers.

Or perhaps you think we should keep it here?

saikouASL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I have been testing the 1.2 and it worked good for me. I noticed a post saying 1.3. Is that the most updated and do I need to delete it to install 1.3 OTA? I would like to continue the beta testing and I am concerned about the January expiration?
    You can PIN me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast