Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

No, actually, the download of both the software and the dictionary were very quick. On ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Advertisement

No, actually, the download of both the software and the dictionary were very quick. On the two that I had to reboot, when I went to run the spell check the first time, it said the dictionary was empty. So like a good IT manager, I rebooted before I tried to re-download, and it worked like a charm.

Are you going to post here when the update is available? I'll be sure to download it and give it a go for you.

On my Blackberry, it worked fine without rebooting. It could very well have been the other two hadn't been turned off for awhile.

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Eagerly waiting

kolev no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp
    Eagerly waiting
    Apologies for the delay. It turned out to be bigger update than we anticipated (due to this little case sensivity issue that actually nobody complained about) and I want to make sure we won't release something too raw.

The code is pretty much stable now, but I'll hold it internally for a little longer. Hopefully tomorrow (Friday), possibly late today as well.

Cool. Thanks for the update.

LexSpell spelling checker 1.2 now available for download

I would recommend deleting the current version prior to downloading the new one.

I wouldn't mind hearing what did you get when trying to download over the previous version...it should be possible and yet again I recommend deleting first.

The new version identifies itself as 1.2 in the about box.

Both the program and the dictionary file also identify themselves as version 1.2 in the Settings/Applications/Modules screen.

What's new?
    ------------
    - Case sensitive as a spelling checker should be: "monday" is wrong, "Monday" is right

- Completely different word list database. This is the good one you want to use, this is a true spelling checker database whereas the older one was from the "Literati" word game.

- We could not reproduce the problem with crashing during spell checking that was reported earlier, but we recognize its importance due to the possible loss of text.
    As a temporary solution - or rather protection - LexSpell now makes a copy of the text being proofed similar to the way Word makes autosaving. In the event of crash the copy still remains can be recalled later.

- Due to the introduction of case sensivity the suggestion speed dropped nearly twice. While we find it still pretty decent, we introduced a new option "Presume first letter is correct", which, when used, improves the speed TWICE.
    IMPORTANT: this is the default option.

You have the choice of less accurate (presuming first letter is always correct) and faster spell checking or more accurate (classic) and slower spell checking.

I would expect your comments on this particular feature please!

Those of you who already bought an activation code: we are still keeping registration locked, but the time to enable it is hopefully coming pretty soon, along witht the promised freebies.

What else....oh yes: download is still OTA only.

It's at http://mobile.beiks.com.

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Ok, I just downloaded it but it is not showing up as an option when I type an e-mail. I have add spell checking to e-mail. I do have another spell checker program on my BB. Do I need to unistall that one for the other to run?

You should not, to the best of my knowledge. I.e. two spell checkers should not neccessarily fight with each other, or at least no more than any other two applications that add a menu to the email program for whatever reason.

Have you tried resetting the device yet? Battery out / battery in?

I think there is something in the OS, some condition that needs to be fulfilled in order for the menu hook to activate.

From our persepctive it's quite simple, actually, we just request the menu to be added and we receive success confirmation. What the email program does next is totally up to it.

That said, try the rebooting and let us know please.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Cingular 8700c.

Downloaded Lexspell and the American English Dictionary with no problems at all (using over the air).

Keyed in an email message, Lexspell was there on the menua s it was supposed to be. Clicked it and it found my errors.

One question however. How do I add a misspelled word and the coorect spelling? I tend to type "test" as "tets" or some other conglomeration of letters and it did not recognize that error. Knew it was an error, but didn't list "test" as an correct option.

Thanks.

Installed flawlessly OTA. No reboot was necessary for me. The only thing I had to do was go into the settings then back out for it to add the menu item in email. Works great. I'll keep using it this weekend and let you know if I come across anything. Thanks for the update!

Looks like you're getting some good raves over at blackberryforums.com as well. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    Cingular 8700c.

One question however. How do I add a misspelled word and the coorect spelling? I tend to type "test" as "tets" or some other conglomeration of letters and it did not recognize that error. Knew it was an error, but didn't list "test" as an correct option.

Thanks.
    You know, I'll have to dig into that.

I ran a quick test on my BlackBerry and it didn't come up with "test" indeed, so I can confirm the error.

Because that is so strange - I often swap characters when typing on a big keyboard - I then ran the test on our Palm version of LexSpell. It had the same problem too.

So we'll have to take this further to the core engine and that will most certainly take a while. It'll be safe to say we'll go public without fixing this, although there is a slight chance we may at least know what is causing it.

My suggestion for the time being would be to use the BlackBerry's auto correct feature in combination with LexSpell.

- bobby

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Ok. rebooted it and still nothing. Maybe I just don't understand. After I create an e-mail, what are the steps I take for Lexspell to check the spelling? With the current one that I am using,I just press the wheel and one of my options is spelling.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer
    Ok. rebooted it and still nothing. Maybe I just don't understand. After I create an e-mail, what are the steps I take for Lexspell to check the spelling? With the current one that I am using,I just press the wheel and one of my options is spelling.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dean
    Exactly the same.

To help me troubleshoot the problem:

1) Run LexSpell normally and invoke the About screen. Which version is it showing?

2) Close the help screen and try to spell check some incorrect text within LexSpell itself.
    Does it behave as expected?

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

ok...

Just downloaded it... Can't seem to get it to run properly. It doesn't a dictionary loaded in it.... don't know why..... hmmm

Dr. Woo

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo
    ok...

Just downloaded it... Can't seem to get it to run properly. It doesn't a dictionary loaded in it.... don't know why..... hmmm

Dr. Woo
    Perhaps you could try and be more...hmmm...specific?

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

It downloaded and installed perfectly with no reboot. Spell check is fast and great. The only options I would like to see is the spell check of the Subject and also the option to auto spell check a document when I send it. This is really useful for those of us that forget a manual check. It is the first software I have succesfully used for spell check and like the local rather than server based. Question...will my custom additions to the dictionary remain after a dictionary upgrade? Hope this helps. I'll keep using it and feeding back.All in all I think this well worth $10 (but a free reg is always appreciated )

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast