Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am running .344 (VZW 8703e) and cannot for the life of ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

corys00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317d7591

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am running .344 (VZW 8703e) and cannot for the life of me get the spell checker in the email composer. I'll continue to fiddle around with it.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

Re: Care for a free Lexspell spelling checker registration? Join me for some QA!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Lexspell is working great for me. I was never able to get espell, (I think that's what it was called), to work no matter I did. I downloaded Lexspell & had no issues at all. So far great spell check software.

casamurphy no está en línea Stack level 2

Am I supposed to have a .exspell menu item when I am typing in the body of an emai? -- cause I don't and I can't figure out how to make it show up. I have tried the confirgure screen many times -- and the little check boxes are non-reactive -- I just can't get them to click on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by phidauex
    I don't think I lost any menu items after installing it... To add addresses to the TO field, just start typing the name, and it will open up the address book to autocomplete.

peace,
    sam
    Thank you, Sam, for reminding me how to trigger the address book in email compose.

I still can't get lexspell to add a menu item to the email compose screen.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried to reboot? In your email are you clicking your trackwheel & looking up @ the very top? Just some generic things for you to check.

phone_caller no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FED8B7

Boy I wish that I had this software several months ago. I have tried BBSpell Checker and BBSpell. I registered and paid the $30 too! I would have always rather had a device side checker rather than a server side one.

LexSpell works great. There have been no error messages and set up was quick and easy. I do wish that the registration message came up less frequently, but I understand the necessity to do so. If there is one thing that I would add to this software, it would be the addition of city names and days of the week. Other than having to add those, LexSpell has been flawless.

For $10, this is a slam-dunk!!! I will register, but I will probably wait for the 8800 so that I won't have to do it again. Although a free registration code would be just as nice.

I didn't see an email address to send my feedback, I hope that this is the appropriate place.

Thanks for the great software.

Lexspell still won't show up on my wheel menu when I am in Email Compose mode. I have to type a message in the main Lexspell screen and then copy and paste it to an email message.

In the Lexspell configuration screen all the options are locked - with the "add spell checking to emails" lock to the on position.

Is there something peculiar about he 8703e that would cause this?

zcat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23dbe795

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kolev no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by casamurphy
    Lexspell still won't show up on my wheel menu when I am in Email Compose mode. I have to type a message in the main Lexspell screen and then copy and paste it to an email message.

In the Lexspell configuration screen all the options are locked - with the "add spell checking to emails" lock to the on position.

Is there something peculiar about he 8703e that would cause this?
    I wonder...could it be that your BlackBerry is under a BES policy that prevents 3rd party applications to interact with the core applications?
    I personally have not heard of such an option, but it's pretty much the only reasonable explanation I could come up with.

The all locked configurations puzzle me even more. It's certainly something the BlackBerry does on its own incentive and we'll have to be working together to find out what it is and whether we can overcome it.

I am waiting for more feedback, hopefully more people with 8703 to share their experience...

Quote Originally Posted by phone_caller
    Boy I wish that I had this software several months ago. I have tried BBSpell Checker and BBSpell. I registered and paid the $30 too! I would have always rather had a device side checker rather than a server side one.
    So what are you going to do now? Are you going to use it instead? Which is the most important reason you'd prefer it, the price?

LexSpell works great. There have been no error messages and set up was quick and easy. I do wish that the registration message came up less frequently, but I understand the necessity to do so.

If there is one thing that I would add to this software, it would be the addition of city names and days of the week. Other than having to add those, LexSpell has been flawless.
    Hmm...I've been quiet on this as it turned out it's bigger problem than I would have liked .

For the sake of being open and honest with the community I have to disclose that I recently learned that apparently LexSpell is case insensitive, i.e. it does not distinguish between Monday and monday...maybe not quite a problem for people who often mistype words, but nonetheless a quality bad mark for a spelling checker.

I have this being looked into and will return to that topic ASAP.

For $10, this is a slam-dunk!!! I will register, but I will probably wait for the 8800 so that I won't have to do it again. Although a free registration code would be just as nice.
    You are close to getting a registration anyway, but likely upon the next release. As I have said earlier, this one is going to expire at end of January anyway.

Also on the topic: BEIKS has a policy (not quite clearly stated yet) that one can transfer their license (in other words change their PIN) once per calendar year. In other words, should you have registered now, you would not pay anything to transfer that license to another device.

Keep the feedback coming!

phone_caller no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FED8B7

Since I have downloaded LexSpell, I have not used any other spell checker. I honestly think that it is great. The price is wonderful, but I most like that i can still check spelling even if I do not have coverage at the time.

As for the case sensitive issue, I added each month and day of the week in AutoText so that anytime one of them is entered, it will capitalize it for me.

What will be new in the next release?

Well this is a public beta and we were hoping to just make it offiial by removing the expiration date and make sure the registration works by then, polish errors like this not-yet-caught error when adding words to the custom dictionary, if possible add little enhancements like ability to spellcheck and automatically send upon completion (saves you some extra clicking) etc.

There will likely be a quite different dictionary database too, although that is not firmly decided yet...there are pros and cons to it.

But first, and foremst, it will simply work beyond Jan 31st :-)

The version you have is too early in development lifecycle to allow its life beyond this point.

ahucal no está en línea Stack level 1

Just wanted to mention that it didn't seem to want to spellcheck mistakes in the Subject line. Appologise if you already mentioned that.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I have installed it on 3 Blackberry's so far as a test for our company, and plan to buy for all if it works well. So far it's great. I did however have to pull the battery and reboot the phone for the program to pick up the dictionary on 2 out of 3 devices, but it was no big deal.

I can change all options without any problems at all. I'll check back when we have used it for a little while with a better report.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp
    I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I have installed it on 3 Blackberry's so far as a test for our company, and plan to buy for all if it works well. So far it's great.
    Music to my ears :-)

BlackBerries used to have a problem when installing larger files like dictionaries or e-books and I guess BEIKS knows that better than anyone else in this business...and yet I must say I have seen much less of these cases lately.

Was there a particular exception after downloading/installing? Or was it just turning and turning and turning until you got tired and rebooted it?

By the way, there will be a new and updated version to download later today. The level of changes in it is way more than I originally anticipated and I'll have to apologize about it. It may as well be a little slower, but it will handle case sensivity all right and it will have a MUCH better wordlist for proofing.

Developers have somehow managed to trick me and put the wordlist for the Literati game in the previous release rather than the wordlist for the spelling checker.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast