I have an AT&T Pearl 8100 with version 4.2.1.96 OS. The Desktop Manager is version ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Skratchy_Seal no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't Uninstall Opera Mini 4 Beta 2

Advertisement

I have an AT&T Pearl 8100 with version 4.2.1.96 OS. The Desktop Manager is version 4.2.2.14.

I cannot remove Opera Mini Beta using the Application Loader on Desktop Manager and neither by going to Options>Advanced Options>Applications. It does not show up on either list, yet the browser works perfectly fine on my phone.

So...here's what I've tried so far...

1. I tried to reinstall the same version of Opera Mini using DM. As a result, I got it to show up on both DM and Advanced Options. I uninstall using DM and it says it's successful, but it's still on my phone and working fine. Then I try to delete from Applications. It deletes it and takes it off of that list, but still working normal.

Now, when I go back to DM, it lists it on the Wizard as 0K size. If I have it checked, it says 'Downgrade' under Action. If I uncheck it, it says 'Remove'. I tried both with no results.

2. I wiped all Application Data using the DM wizard. All my settings are gone, but Opera is still there. I restore everything the way it was.

3. I tried installing the newest version of Opera Mini in hopes that it will get rid of the old one. Now, they are both working normally side by side.

Other than wiping my phone clean, what is there left to do? Thanks!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Can't Uninstall Opera Mini 4 Beta 2

skratchy, welcome to the stacks.

try this
    go options>advanced options>applications>hit menu then modules, scroll down til you see one called operette delete that module, then a batt pull. should do it

post back
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

FiddlerMD no está en línea Device Pro

if that doesn't work, download my JLGUI program (www.controlgenie.com/JLGUI.zip - or look for a thread with it in there - it explains how to use it), then you can manually enter the module names and it'll remove them

I tried kayos72's suggestion and it works!

Now, I realize my normal browser is gone. I believe that happened before I tried your suggestion, when I did all that other stuff, but do you know of a way to get it back?

I thought I saw a thread where someone else had this same problem with the browser disappearing after uninstalling Opera Mini, but I can't find it anymore.

FiddleMD, thanks and I'll keep your program in mind for the future.

PIN/ID
    ask me

ok to get your browser back two ways. you need to resend your service books

1 go to at&t website and click on support for my phone, thats on tmo but it should be close. then send service books.

2 on your phone there should be an app labeled setup internet email, hit that then service books, then send service books, should get a confirmation email, good to go!

let us know
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Holy Moly! Everything is the way it should be. Thanks so much!

PIN/ID
    ask me

No problemo, glad you are good