Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have two OTA software downloads on my 8700g that I have been unable to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Cannot Uninstall/Delete certain software!!

Advertisement

I have two OTA software downloads on my 8700g that I have been unable to figure out how to delete. I have also searched all the threads, but there seems to be no answer that solves this dilemma. The applications are "Chronomagic" and "Country Code Lookup". They are not listed in the Applications (Options>Advanced Options>Applications) list with all my other apps, and though they are listed in Modules, there is no delete item on the menu to remove them. What else can I try? Also, I use a Mac so I do not have access to the Desktop Manager. I have also tried using PocketMac4 and it does not uninstall them, though it suggests it does. Any thoughts?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Menu>Modules>look for the application there and hit menu and select delete.

Are you choosing the module when you try this? or are you trying to delete it from the list of modules?

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have a 7250 & use Rueters news. In order to delete it I have to go to my internet icon, select browser channels & delete the software. May not be the same for you but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Menu>Modules>look for the application there and hit menu and select delete.

Are you choosing the module when you try this? or are you trying to delete it from the list of modules?
    Both ways...neither way gives me the option to delete.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tai
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have a 7250 & use Rueters news. In order to delete it I have to go to my internet icon, select browser channels & delete the software. May not be the same for you but I'm sure someone will be able to help.
    I'll check it out...thanks!

sarahjocson no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cannot Uninstall/Delete certain software!!

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Both ways...neither way gives me the option to delete.
    Have the same problem and cannot delete 5 applications HELP!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hey sarah, have you deleted the apps and then rebooted your BB?

Have you deleted the modules for the app?

Have you checked the service books for that app?

What apps are you referring to?

Thankx.

moose_76067 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201E3C1B

I really need help to cuz I am having some what of the same problem. I am trying to delete mMeastro but I dont even know what it is but I think it is for an enterprise connection, wich I dont have but it wont let me and for some reason I can not send sms or mms. If anybody has a solution or can help please email me at moose_760672002@mycingular.blackberry.net oh I have a BB8700. thank you

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

moose_76067,

How did you install this Application? It makes difference in how to best delete it from your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Allanito no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all,
    Same problem here, I want to delete Yahoo! messenger installed straight from blackberry go yahoo. I just want to make sure if I do it from the modules it will uninstall all what have been installed everywhere. I never done this before. I don't want some components of it stays somewhere.

Thanks
    Allanito

sincron no está en línea Stack level 1

Did anyone give mobylo's SureWipe a shot?

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Allanito
    Hi all,
    Same problem here, I want to delete Yahoo! messenger installed straight from blackberry go yahoo. I just want to make sure if I do it from the modules it will uninstall all what have been installed everywhere. I never done this before. I don't want some components of it stays somewhere.

Thanks
    Allanito
    In my experience, do the uninstall from the applications menu, and after that, go to the modules as described above and delete the module(s) That always worked for me.
    -------------------------------------
    InfoSpace Find It!
    http://mobile.infospacefindit.com/

1pdanut no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm using a BB Pearl and cannot delete: Monkey Madness, Launcher, TimeLogMagic, and TagIt and FollowUp. These were all done OTA...I have deleted apps before with no issue. I have used the process described above, but this is the message I get: Unable to remove "insert app name here". It is required by IT policy application control...It's wierd since nothing has changed with my BB set up, etc. HELP!!

Mobylo no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Re: Cannot Uninstall/Delete certain software!!

There can be a number of reasons why an application won't delete.

Sometimes 3rd Party apps are not written cleanly or updates are not clean, sometimes the OS itself is not able to manage partial or incorrect installs, upgrades or uninstalls, sometimes deletion is restricted by the IT Policy. And sometimes you don't even know the reason why this happens!

But yes, its a very real problem for BlackBerry owners - and a number of posts have discussed the issue one time or the other.

To this end we did some research on it and have released the industry's first 'universal uninstaller' - Mobylo! SureWipe. The basic idea is that a BlackBerry owner should be able to try all the worlds shareware, demos and trials without having to worry about how to uninstall them later.

For your reference, here are some BBF Pages discussing the same. (A search for Surewipe will give you more) : http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...light=Surewipe

And, this is the official page for SureWipe:
    http://www.mobylo.com - Mobylo! SureWipe

In your case it clearly looks like an IT Policy that is preventing you from deleting the apps. Since an IT Policy requires the apps to be on your device, hence no 3rd Party software (not even SureWipe) may be able to help. However, the information about SureWipe is provided just so that others may benefit in case they have similar issues.

The best way we suggest for you, is to check with your Admin for a setting that he may have changed at the server, and get the apps uninstalled. In most cases Admins will not have any issues in UNinstalling an application unless it is required by your company policy.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mobylo; 03-19-2007 at 03:17 PM.
    Go Mobylo!
    -
    www.mobylo.com

MultiAlarm - Schedule Multiple alarms now on BlackBerry!
    QuickResponse - Email templates for your device.

1pdanut no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you so much for the response. This is good to know. Eventually I was able to get the apps deleted. I think it was 'user error'. With persistance and first removing the 'modules' as previously advised..I experienced success!! Thanks again!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast