We have a jabber server in our internal network at my company. I was hoping ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rbelur no está en línea Stack level 1

Cannot connect to internal jabber server

Advertisement

We have a jabber server in our internal network at my company. I was hoping to use Jive talk to connect to it but it does not work because it looks like the connection is established through the Jive talk server and not directly from the client to the jabber server. Web messenger seems to not have this problem. Any ideas?

kyububba no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Cannot connect to internal jabber server

Quote Originally Posted by rbelur
    We have a jabber server in our internal network at my company. I was hoping to use Jive talk to connect to it but it does not work because it looks like the connection is established through the Jive talk server and not directly from the client to the jabber server. Web messenger seems to not have this problem. Any ideas?
    You're correct, in order for JT to work, our server must be able to communicate with your internal Jabber server. The same is true for Web Messenger. The reason Web Messenger works is likely because your company has a Web Messenger Mobile Platform server installed inside your firewall.

At this point we do not offer a similar licensed solution for our server application to be hosted inside corporate networks, though that may change depending on demand.