Hello all, I just wanted to know if there was anyone here using IM+ for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

markjnj no está en línea Stack level 2

Can IM+ Skype use the 8120 Wi-fi connection?

Advertisement

Hello all, I just wanted to know if there was anyone here using IM+ for Skype. If you are, are you able to use it using your wi-fi connection? I'm currently using the trial and looked at the connection settings and didn't notice anything that said wi-fi. I have no wi-fi connection at the moment and just wanted to know before I went and ordered a skype phone. Trying not to have to by an adapter for my current phone or another phone just to use skype. Thanks.

-Marc

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have been using this app for a long time, since it first came out. I use it all day for Skype CHAT, which means text.

I want to make sure you understand that the Skype VOICE feature of this app is a great feature but don't think that it is the same as using Skype for voice calls between two regular computers. It is not free - you are charged Skype credits, plus incoming minutes to your phone.

With current-model BlackBerries there is no way to use free Skype voice in the way that some Windows Mobile phones can. For me the big thing is the Skype chat, which is free, assuming you already have internet data service on your phone.
    Last edited by peterme; 07-23-2008 at 11:30 AM.

markjnj no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey thanks for your reply. well I've got a data plan on my cell phone so I don't worry about data, as far as making and receiving calls I'm not sure but from what I see when I make a call it appears to call my online skype number which then calls my cell number back as my incoming call shows up as my skype online number. so I'm thinking since I have the myfaves plan w/tmobile I added my skype online number to myfaves top five so whenever I make or receive a call on skype i don't get charged. by my cell provider. I've got an unlimited plan w/skype as well, so I'm not sure if that will charge me skype credits as I've made a few test calls and my credit hasn't changed.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Dear users,
    IM+ for Skype definately can be run in Wi-Fi network, so as in any other Internet/Web GPRS, 3G, CDMA, UMTS. There are also have been a lot of major updates since you tried it. Please see the updated version at http://shapeservices.com/en/products...pe&platform=bb
    You can try IM+ for Skype for free during a 7-day trial period.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services