Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know that it works if I do, but does it drain the battery much ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pr24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can I leave Viigo running in the background?

Advertisement

I know that it works if I do, but does it drain the battery much more quickly? I try to go in and read a couple of articles when I have a couple of spare minutes, but it takes a long time to load up the newest articles. If I leave it running I can pop in, read a couple of articles and then leave it to update automatically. I don't really leave anything else running and it seems to not slow the phone down too much. Anyone do this regularly? Thanks!

tqwizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    I do the same thing, but i have noticed it will drain the battery a bit quicker, but i still do it.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have viigo running on the background... And yes, it drains the battery a bit more. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm just curious.......how does viigo drain your battery by being left on in the background? It's not wi-fi (not constantly using your radio) and you can select how often it updates automatically. If you don't want it to update automatically you can select to do it manually yourself. I don't mean to sound negative here in the forum,but, I have viigo and use it profusely and I just don't buy that theory.

tqwizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well it seems that MrCarter and i both use the 81xx BB's, maybe this is just reletive to these models?? not too sure, all i know is that when i am at home on the weekends and exit the app, my battery tends to last longer

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you can always go under options->articles and change how often it checks for new feeds. This help save the battery.

Not only that... If you have it scann for updates every half hour it will use data.. The more apps you have running and leave open the more battery it will use.. IM apps, maps, etc.. They all contribute on your battery juice. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tqwizard View Post
    Well it seems that MrCarter and i both use the 81xx BB's, maybe this is just reletive to these models?? not too sure, all i know is that when i am at home on the weekends and exit the app, my battery tends to last longer
    You may be right about the different model It's a shame if it drains your battery though.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I don't even think it's noticeable, as long as you have it update once every few hours.. Blackberry batteries are ridiculously long lasting. This is coming from a guy that is now using a G1.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am saying this from the perspective of a 8330 owner..... I leave Viigo on all the time. I have the update set to 30 minutes so that I don't have an issue with it updating a lot of dataat the exact time I want to do a task. I also have Gtalk and AIM on. Facebook etc. Battery life has very little change from this to not having them in the background. Data usage is irrelevent for me (unlimited).
    "Who Dares Wins"

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

the very reason why I got rid of this app was pulling battery power! I didn't like it!

pr24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks everyone, I haven't noticed too much of a change in battery life, but if Viigo happens to be updating while I am doing something else it tends to slow down a bit, but overall it is much better than launching it and waiting for it to update every time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I guess it depends how often you are using your BB that will affect the life of it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey all, where is the link for ota viigo? My berry crashed and now I'm runnin like the proverbial chicken trying to find all the apps I lost post-fix. Can ya help a fellow berrian for a min? Kinda late, but you know what its like to be addicted!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by here_miah View Post
    Hey all, where is the link for ota viigo? My berry crashed and now I'm runnin like the proverbial chicken trying to find all the apps I lost post-fix. Can ya help a fellow berrian for a min? Kinda late, but you know what its like to be addicted!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    http://viigo.com/download then submit your email. Or http://getviigo.com/ from your BB browser.
    "Who Dares Wins"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast