I know this is probably covered in another thread but I have been searching without ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mavrik666 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2010578D

Can i disable the firewall??

Advertisement

I know this is probably covered in another thread but I have been searching without any luck.

I have bought a 7230 from eBay, and want to use it on PAYG Vodafone, as far as voice and text go its great and works evry well, much better than the smartphone I have.

The only thing I would like to also do is use a browser so I have installed Opera Mini.

I have also followed the help on removing the IT policy, this has worked and there is now no mention of a policy in the secutiry settings. However....

when I try to run Opera after the first few tests, it starts to return the firewall error ie. The Application operette $2dhifi$2duk has attempted to open a location inside or outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

Yet I'm not supposed to have an IT policy. Its driving me mad now, can anyone help

Thanks in advance

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Can i disable the firewall??

A place to start is making sure the firewall is disabled. Options>Security Options>Firewall. If your general security settings show no dated IT policy, there's not one on the device.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Welcome to the Stacks mavrik666!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

PIN/ID
    2010578D

Thanks for the welcome!!
    Been looking at other threads, and I'm wondering if this is down to Vodafone in the 4.x OS. Have heard that some carrriers disabled the browser in OS 4, so I'm going to downgrade to 3.7 and see what happens then.
    will let you know

PIN/ID
    2010578D

No luck, changing the OS made no difference.
    Is the firewall controlled by the IT Policy?
    Just that if it isn't written into the policy.bin that people are using to remove the IT policy, then can the command to disable it be added to a policy.bin????

sunilupadhyay no está en línea Stack level 1

hey mavrik666 i've got the same problem about firewall when i tried to use operamini-3.1 and it still says "data connection refused" - i can't get any solution in the net. do tell me when u find one.

sunilryl@yahoo.com

darkhalodcss no está en línea Stack level 2

i got that problem, but with jivetalk, i can no longer send files because of the firewall.
    For Some reason.......... Nevermind

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm on Tmobile USA and have 2 BB Pearls. Both came new with the firewall locked on. I have yet to find any answer on how to remove this. I have not yet tried rolling my own policy.bin yet but hopefully this week I can. My attempts at loading policy.bin from sites on the internet made no change to the firewall lock (but I have no clue what settings it includes). It is also rumored the firewall is set by RIM in the firmware at the factory and can not be disabled by the consumer. If this is true, then I should get an iphone if I want a restricted device. I have a few apps that are restricted or unusable due to this.

Please post any insight if known.

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Just an FYI,

I have a Pearl 8100 and my firewall is set to disabled. This is the setting that it came with when I bought it from AT&T. I have not made any firewall setting changes to my phone before or after buying it.
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!