Anyone know if there is a way to make flash light to stay on (for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bbuser8849 no está en línea Stack level 1

Camera light as flash light

Advertisement

Anyone know if there is a way to make flash light to stay on (for curve or pearl)? Only time I was able to make the flash to work is when I take picture - it will flash once and take picture.

It would be handy if I can make the light to stay on and use it as a flash light.

Perhaps there is third party software to do this?

Thnx

PDXOR no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Camera light as flash light

Welcome, BBuser.

My 8800 doesn't have a camera function (let alone a flash), so I can't answer your question from any first hand experience. But my guess is that the camera's flash uses quite a bit of power in that tiny fraction of a second, and keeping it on steadily for even a short time would quickly drain your battery.

Another possibility is to use one of the flashlight downloads that light up your BB screen. That can be an effective lighting device in a dark room. I just bought MyFlashlight from absjmicro.com after reading about it here in Pinstack. I wouldn't normally spend three bucks on something so goofy, but had a $3 balance on my gift card, and it was the only thing at that price that interested me. As it turns out, the "disco" feature is pretty fun.

I don't know whether they have a version for your model, but it might be worth a look if that utility interests you.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

sorry but no... there are some 3rd party apps that can use the front LED as a flashlight. I think it's called Blinkberry- just google it and you can try it. I just use my BB screen as a flashlight if I need to...it's pretty bright!

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It would be cool feature to have cause I have the 8320 and when I take pics at night I can't see the display on my lcd it does flash tho and takes a pic

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

is that also for the curve?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for your replies. I checked out other threads and it looks like there are no functional option/application to use camera flash as flash light. Kinda disappointing since my previous samsung and sony camera phones included this feature which was very useful. But again RIM just started to add camera feature so I should be little more patient - wait didn't pearl came out year ago with camera feature?

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Only the Sony ericssons without the cyber shot camera can do the flash as a flash light. The flash on the pearl is a real flash, not a led type on other phones. It will get too hot if left on and will burn itself out and maybe ruin the pearl too. Idk. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    Only the Sony ericssons without the cyber shot camera can do the flash as a flash light. The flash on the pearl is a real flash, not a led type on other phones. It will get too hot if left on and will burn itself out and maybe ruin the pearl too. Idk. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah that makes sense. I see now that why led type works better... thanks for the info!

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I have being using blinkberry for about 6 months. Have it set to one of the side keys and its great. Very handy and use it quite a bit.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~