Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by teamjordan23 Its exactly like Callwave in setting up. When you sign up ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: CallWave Thoughts?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Its exactly like Callwave in setting up. When you sign up it will give you a number to type in (I believe Callwave does this too, it changes call forwarding settings) then you change the voicemail number to the one they will give you. Its all in the directions they will provide when you sign up (really easy to setup) and it is completely reversible. BTW I hope you know these services use your call forwarding minutes, just a heads up.
    I didn't know I had special "call forwarding minutes". I just thought anytime I call forwarded it would just come from my bucket of minutes. Sprint is the only carrier still charging extra for call forwarding as far as I thought.

When we call our carrier voicemail it comes out of our minutes too.

And I was unaware CallWave call forwarded. They didn't say that anywhere I read on the site. When I set it up I never had to type in any number, but my phone number and then I used my phone to call 2 of their numbers to set it up. Then I decided if I wanted HTML or Text emails sent when I get a voicemail. I chose Text and so far have never received anything I can use to listen to the voicemail such as a WAV file. I do get the transcriptions though.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah when you call your voicemail that uses you minutes. But using these programs they call forward the call you miss to say Callwave and they get the message. At least thats how I believe it works and what i have read. I could be wrong, so if anyone has an answer please reply. Here read this, click learn more in the link below and then click "Will I be charged by my mobile carrier for using this service?"

http://www.callwave.com/landing/mobi...ceMail_L1.aspx

Also I couldve sworn the setup was similar to Youmail. I guess not but Youmail follows the procedure I mentioned in my previous post.

I'm trying to sign up for Youmail, but it only gives me an option to pick from a 7130e or 8703e for a phone model. It says pic the closest one if I don't have one of those, but I have the 8130 and neither is close. What should I do?

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Yeah when you call your voicemail that uses you minutes. But using these programs they call forward the call you miss to say Callwave and they get the message. At least thats how I believe it works and what i have read. I could be wrong, so if anyone has an answer please reply. Here read this, click learn more in the link below and then click "Will I be charged by my mobile carrier for using this service?"

http://www.callwave.com/landing/mobi...ceMail_L1.aspx

Also I couldve sworn the setup was similar to Youmail. I guess not but Youmail follows the procedure I mentioned in my previous post.
    I don't believe Verizon charges for call forwarding. I think it just comes out of regular minutes.

EDIT: I just looked it up and this is what I found for Verizon.

Call Forwarding

How does billing work for Call Forwarding? Airtime charges apply to all forwarded calls in accordance with your Calling Plan, even if you forward your calls to a landline number. There is no monthly fee on most Verizon Wireless plans; however, a fee may apply on some retired plans. Long Distance is not charged on forwarded calls if you have a plan that includes Long Distance.
    Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 12-11-2007 at 11:36 PM.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    I don't believe Verizon charges for call forwarding. I think it just comes out of regular minutes.

Then your okay. Just was letting you know in case. Anyway I would try them all if I were you, and see which one you are more comfortable with or like better.

Which phone should I pick tho?

EDIT: nvmnd I got it.
    Last edited by alwaysbelieve1; 12-11-2007 at 11:39 PM.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Ok so I've been playing around with YouMail and this thing is AWESOME!!!

Thanks Teamjordan!!! I love the individual greetings feature. And you're right it was very easy to set up.

Ok now this sounds like an ad for them. LOL

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tj2311111 Guest

Lol. Glad to see you like the program. It really is nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12