Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does everyone who have used this think of it? I'm trying it now and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Smile CallWave Thoughts?

Advertisement

What does everyone who have used this think of it? I'm trying it now and it takes a bit to get used to. I'm glad it's free.

So what are your thoughts or is there a better service that we don't have to install an app on the phone like Simulsays that will drain the battery?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Re: CallWave Thoughts?

How's GotVoice?

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I don't really remember my experience with it, but I preferred SimulScribe. They had an app to download on the BB and do "visual voicemail"

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    I don't really remember my experience with it, but I preferred SimulScribe. They had an app to download on the BB and do "visual voicemail"
    I read in a thread that you said Similsays drained your battery bad and didn't allow your phone to back up properly as it stopped or locked up at Profiles.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

true, haven't used it in a few months so they might have corrected it. They also emailed the audio file, and you could listen on the website so wasn't bad (although most are doing this now).

primal5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: CallWave Thoughts?

I have been using Callwave for 6 months or so now. First on my windows mobile phone then on my BB Curve.

I actually really like it, No software to install, I get the voice mails pushed to my phone as WAV files.

The transcription is not there yet, but thats the case for all services. I have gotten quite good at figuring out the jist of the voice mail by reading it thought :-)

I really like it, its been efficient for me. I also have Vista running at home and there is a Sidebar gadget for Callwave that gives me direct access to my account.

Just remember its free now because its in Beta, that may not be the case once it comes out of Beta.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~which is better- via SMS or Email?

I emailed them and they said they were not ever going to charge for the Free plan right now- just the upgrade of $9.95- which doesn't really give that much more than the free.

So far I like it, but the SMS transcripts aren't the best at all and the email one is however lacks the ability to listen to the message from my phone email system- just by dialing in.

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3

I've tried Callwave and I just didn't like the fact that the transcriptions were not very accurate and that they were only summaries of the message.

Yes, Simulsays does take up memory but it doesn't drain my battery. You can also use SimulScribe without Simulsays and have the WAV file just emailed to you like CallWave does.

~via BB Pearl(wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive never had a wav file emailed to me. My emails have empty.

tj2311111 Guest

Youmail FTW!!! Thats what i use for visual voicemail and its free.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no extra software? How good is it compared to the others? And accuracy?

tj2311111 Guest

Well the others didn't work for me and Youmail was the only one that worked as described. I get a email with a .wav of the voicemail and who called. If you want you can use SMS text to be alerted. You can set up other features as well. Thing is Youmail doesn't use transcripts as far as I know. But thats not important when you can listen to it. It also doesnt use a program on the BB taking up your memory. I just find it perfect for me, since it works as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Well the others didn't work for me and Youmail was the only one that worked as described. I get a email with a .wav of the voicemail and who called. If you want you can use SMS text to be alerted. You can set up other features as well. Thing is Youmail doesn't use transcripts as far as I know. But thats not important when you can listen to it. It also doesnt use a program on the BB taking up your memory. I just find it perfect for me, since it works as advertised.
    Thanks for answering my questions.

I have another- I can't see where it says it seamlessly goes over your existing voicemail as CallWave does.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

tj2311111 Guest

Its exactly like Callwave in setting up. When you sign up it will give you a number to type in (I believe Callwave does this too, it changes call forwarding settings) then you change the voicemail number to the one they will give you. Its all in the directions they will provide when you sign up (really easy to setup) and it is completely reversible. BTW I hope you know these services use your call forwarding minutes, just a heads up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast