I finally had a chance to test this out and use it today and it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Callwave & Blackberry

Advertisement

I finally had a chance to test this out and use it today and it works great!

For those of you unfamiliar with callwave, it's a replacement voicemail service that lets you check your voicemails from your PC & cellphone.

You can even get a widget for it (yahoo or osx) and listen to your voicemails from your desktop with a similar interface to the iphone voicemail app (screenshot here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/3...fac4c12d_b.jpg )

I had no problem setting it up in less than 5 minutes.... my only suggestion for BB users is to set up a filter so you don't receive emails from callwave to your device. The callwave system will send you a sms when you receive a voicemail so you don't need to get the email notification on your BB.

The service is free or you can pay $9.95 a month to get a call screening feature that lets you listen in on your voicemails as they're being left before you decide if you want to answer the call.

http://www.callwave.com/mobile/

PS. If anyone wants to make an app for pearl that will play voicemail messages I would be a willing beta tester
    I'd even pay for an app that would do it. It shouldnt be too hard since you can already play media files on a pearl.

LILKOOLZ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215A2AF1

Re: Callwave & Blackberry

kpishdadi- super, good job.. I do used that before then stop using no longer coz I'm not near a computer very much just away..

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~could be a useful app but I'm not around my desktop enough anymore. But thanks for the good info!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ericalba no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Callwave & Blackberry (and PrivatePhone)

I've been playing with Callwave today, i have a BB-Pearl from tmobile.

The .wav files that comes as attachments in the emails are not compatible with AudioPop by VirtualViews . They are encoded the same as PrivatePhone (netzero's) .wav files .

here are the specs for both files:

Format: GSM610, Mono, 8.000 kHz
    Data Rate 13.00 kbits/sec

VirtualViews says this is the fault of the Blackberry itself.

But when I put the .wav files from Callwave and PrivatePhone onto the media card in "Music", both files play fine with the built in Media Player.

If only, Blackberries could let you save the attachments to the media card.

Is there a progam that can let the BB email client save attachments to the media card?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I can save .jpg's that come as email attachments to the media card - strange you cannot with a .wav

I think I might test thing program out now
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    .... my only suggestion for BB users is to set up a filter so you don't receive emails from callwave to your device. The callwave system will send you a sms when you receive a voicemail so you don't need to get the email notification on your BB...
    You can also change that setting directly on callwave.com under the setting tab in your account. You can have it just email you and send attachment or not and disable the SMS notification (which I did since it's not unlimited on Cingular, and email is lol).

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Callwave & Blackberry (and PrivatePhone)

Quote Originally Posted by ericalba
    I've been playing with Callwave today, i have a BB-Pearl from tmobile.

The .wav files that comes as attachments in the emails are not compatible with AudioPop by VirtualViews ....
    If only, Blackberries could let you save the attachments to the media card.
    Is there a progam that can let the BB email client save attachments to the media card?
    you actually get the .wav as an attachment? I got my email and it says there is 1 attachment but there is nothing actually in the email. No little paper clip on the envelope icon either.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I have mine set to just give me a SMS notification, and then just listen to the voicemail via calling the voicemail system as I normally would (unless I'm around my PC, then I can just hit the play button on my dashboard).

I ran across another neat service called grandcentral (grandcentral.com). It's sortof like a free call screener, and it lets you listen in on a voicemail while its being left so you can pick up or hang up if you want. It also gives you a disposable phone # to give to people.

ericalba no está en línea Stack level 1

update: the program Audiopop now plays the .wav attachments sent by Callwave fine. Now I can just play my messages without dialing any number.

Nice one.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by ericalba
    update: the program Audiopop now plays the .wav attachments sent by Callwave fine. Now I can just play my messages without dialing any number.

Nice one.
    ok seems this program only works with pop3 accounts, so can you set it up with blackberry.net ? Also so others know, its $15