Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by Klotar LisainNC and visortqw, are you both using registered versions of Black ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: call blocking

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    LisainNC and visortqw, are you both using registered versions of Black & Whitelist? There is a limit of 15 days, 5 contacts, and/or 10 rejects on the trial version.

All I can say is that it works for me; while I do get that little beep that you both mentioned, I don't get a a vibrate or ring after that (although I do get the popup missed call notification, but that's the Blackberry, not B&WList).

Edit: clear the blocked call history (not phone log history) to reset the number of rejected calls you can test on again (if you are still within the 15 day period).
    It appears to be device specific issue with the 8703e (possibly others?). This issue occurred from the first test of Black & Whitelist after installation -- it was not caused by a timeout of the trial. I have been unable to find documentation or a direct link to the vendor for support.

UPDATE: I did find a hotmail address for support, and I sent them a request for assistance. I received a reply within minutes that he is working on a fix, but it may be several days. Excellent support repsonse!
    Last edited by visortgw; 08-05-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Oh, I didn't notice that both of you had the same model BB either... in fact, it slipped my mind completely to look.

Hopefully he'll have a fix out soon.

FWIW, I sent him an email for a feature request myself: to pickup and hang up instead of sending them to voicemail. Not sure how doable that is though.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

LisainNC no está en línea Stack level 2

Klotar, I'm using the trial version...but I haven't come anywhere close to those limits since it doesn't work at all for me.

Thanks,
    Lisa

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use the exceptions under profiles. Add the number to your address book. Then go under profiles. Click add exception. Set custom ring tone to "mute". It works great.

I had someone that would call every morning around 2am. Now it never rings.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by paullamm
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I use the exceptions under profiles. Add the number to your address book. Then go under profiles. Click add exception. Set custom ring tone to "mute". It works great.

I had someone that would call every morning around 2am. Now it never rings.
    Great solution (I use it, too, until a fix is available for the 8703e) except for that it doesn't work for private/unknown numbers.

ev1lle1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244cc7ce

i need that too...

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Balck & Whitlest works great with my 8100. It also has been updated to block private and unknown numbers.

Also it appers that there will be a update soon (http://www.i-softwarelabs.com/) And it seems that if you have a current registered copy of B&W you will be able to upgrade for free

brianruf no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Um...maybe I'm not following the intent, or maybe not all blackberries have the exception feature under profiles, but...

I just setup a profile called "Nothing" and set all alerts in the profile to silent, no vibrate, no LED blink, etc.

Then I setup an exception profile called ignore and listed any contacts I didn't want to bother me.

The phone sill displays the fact that someone I calling if you happen to be looking at the screen at that moment, but otherwise won't ring or vibrate for "ignored" callers.

Not a complete solution, but a great use of built-in features.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

There is a new ver 1.29 it works great if you select block unkown callers when a private/unknown caller calls they get the number you have reached have been disconnected!! Now if only he could make it where all blocked callers get that msg that would be awesome!! Next build I guess!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by brianruf View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Um...maybe I'm not following the intent, or maybe not all blackberries have the exception feature under profiles, but...

I just setup a profile called "Nothing" and set all alerts in the profile to silent, no vibrate, no LED blink, etc.

Then I setup an exception profile called ignore and listed any contacts I didn't want to bother me.

The phone sill displays the fact that someone I calling if you happen to be looking at the screen at that moment, but otherwise won't ring or vibrate for "ignored" callers.

Not a complete solution, but a great use of built-in features.
    X2. This assumes, of course, that you know the people/numbers that you're trying to avoid. Same principle as B&W. The Red "End" Button works great for those moments when its someone you know and normally will take the call, but you can't. i.e. personal call in a meeting, ex-wife calling to complain about whatever...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    X2. This assumes, of course, that you know the people/numbers that you're trying to avoid. Same principle as B&W. The Red "End" Button works great for those moments when its someone you know and normally will take the call, but you can't. i.e. personal call in a meeting, ex-wife calling to complain about whatever...

lmao @ u fossil!!

it works perfectly fine for me and i have an 8320 with Tmo, i just got the upgrade yesterday.
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

bukzin no está en línea Stack level 2

Grand Central

Of course you can route your calls thru GrandCentral.com, that would work
    and free.

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

why not just add the numbers of those who you don't wish to call you to your phone book, the give them a silent ringtone. It will just give them voicemail after it rings on their side only. If you dont answer their voicemails I am sure they will get the point. And if they leave nasty voicemails you have it recorded to get a restraining order.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah, but some people don't even want to get the calls.

Some people are creepy and stalkers so they don't always take the hint

goelectric no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ringo for the blackberry makes it easy to "silence" unwanted callers or whole groups (like "Unknown numbers" and "Number withheld" )

http://ringomo.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast