Hi, there is a problem with browser on my blackberry. When i try to use ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

undead19 no está en línea Stack level 1

Browser problems

Advertisement

Hi, there is a problem with browser on my blackberry. When i try to use it, it is written that "your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries". Then i downloaded mini opera and i use it instead of preveios browser. Then i try to download something, it opens blackberry browser and writes that message.. How can i fix it?

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Go to options advanced options host routing table and press menu. There should be an option to register. This should sort u out. Is you gprs \ edge in caps? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

acljoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    You do have a BlackBerry data plan right? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you had a browser before and this just started and re registering doesn't work also try resending your service books.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

what plan? my gprs/edge is working, then i browse through opera mini it works, but when i try to download something, it turns on blackberry browser and doesn't downlaod anything

i went to an opttions where you mentioned and clicked register but nothing happened

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Go into personal enail setup and resend service books, then do a battery pull

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by undead19 View Post
    what plan? my gprs/edge is working, then i browse through opera mini it works, but when i try to download something, it turns on blackberry browser and doesn't downlaod anything
    On your cell phone service did you pay for a Blackberry data plan or not?

If you didn't and you're using Opera to browse just using data you're going to rack up alot of $ in charges pretty quick (it's like 5cents a kb here).

Are you showing edge, or EDGE? The Uppercase means you're good to go for Blackberry Data services. Lowercase means you're either not getting a good enough signal for data services or you don't have a data plan on your account.

I didn't pay for blackberry data plan. I only configured tcp and downloaded opera mini. It is showing edge

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    U Need a blackberry data plan for the browser to work. Stop using opera and find out how much it is costing u. My operator messed my account once and with out my data plan I racked up a €1500 bill in a month.was credited back as it was their mistake.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I second what Vince said. It will cost you a fortune using no data plan. I downloaded Google maps to a Sony I had once and it cost me something like $15 bucks just in data charges since it was 5 cents a kb for an almost 300 kb file.

When you see 'edge' BB services are not available to you (Has to show 'EDGE'). If you're trying to download programs, videos, etc. without a data plan you will owe big money real quick.