Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Not sure how effective this is... August 9, 2007 -- eMobiStudio announces the release of ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Boost Up your BlackBerry with MemoryUp Mobile RAM Booster

Advertisement

Not sure how effective this is...

August 9, 2007 -- eMobiStudio announces the release of MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5, a powerful Java virtual machine (JVM) management and RAM boosting tool specially designed for high-end smartphones and BlackBerry. What MemoryUp exactly does is to take control of JVM for each mobile system, smartly analyze running J2ME programs (including hidden programs), automatically allocate and recover respective occupied RAM, and boost system to its best performance. In case of some applications are no longer active on a smartphone or BlackBerry, MemoryUp can reclaim lost resources and put them to better use. By reclaiming resources, the mobile system does not need to access the hard drive as frequently. This will greatly enhance mobile phone's overall performance.

For most smartphones and BlackBerry, there are dozens of J2ME programming running in front-end or back-end, which takes lots of RAM from the mobile system. MemoryUp can monitor mobile system in the background, freeing resources when needed. Many mobile phone owners have also installed J2ME programs on their phones. MemoryUp can help to automatically analyze and recover up to 50% RAM occupied by these programs. The main features of MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5 include:
    - Smart management of Java virtual machine (JVM)
    - Startup boost/Automatic boost/Manually quick boost support
    - Real-time JVM RAM calculation & display
    - Warning/Auto-recovering RAM at preset threshold
    - Run in the background and automatically help reclaim wasted memory on mobile system
    - Effective utilization of memory resources
    - Intuitive interface and super easy-to-use for non-professional mobile users
    - Advanced boosting features (force system to use large cache, prohibit kernel to disk swapping, auto-allocate critical threads, etc.) for professional mobile users

MemoryUp Standard Edition supports most models of BlackBerry. Please refer to http://www.emobistudio.com/supported_devices.html for more detailed information.

MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5 is now available since July 1st, 2007. The price is $14.99 for a BlackBerry edition. Currently MemoryUp can be ordered online on eMobiStudio's web site at http://www.emobistudio.com with a 15% discount for eMobiStudio's 3rd anniversary.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Boost Up your BlackBerry with MemoryUp Mobile RAM Booster

Great find Hayden..looks interesting..might be worth trying it out
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I just installed the free version on my Pearl. Thanks for this find.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Oooo interesting, thanks!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Not sure how effective this is...

August 9, 2007 -- eMobiStudio announces the release of MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5, a powerful Java virtual machine (JVM) management and RAM boosting tool specially designed for high-end smartphones and BlackBerry. What MemoryUp exactly does is to take control of JVM for each mobile system, smartly analyze running J2ME programs (including hidden programs), automatically allocate and recover respective occupied RAM, and boost system to its best performance. In case of some applications are no longer active on a smartphone or BlackBerry, MemoryUp can reclaim lost resources and put them to better use. By reclaiming resources, the mobile system does not need to access the hard drive as frequently. This will greatly enhance mobile phone's overall performance.

For most smartphones and BlackBerry, there are dozens of J2ME programming running in front-end or back-end, which takes lots of RAM from the mobile system. MemoryUp can monitor mobile system in the background, freeing resources when needed. Many mobile phone owners have also installed J2ME programs on their phones. MemoryUp can help to automatically analyze and recover up to 50% RAM occupied by these programs. The main features of MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5 include:
    - Smart management of Java virtual machine (JVM)
    - Startup boost/Automatic boost/Manually quick boost support
    - Real-time JVM RAM calculation & display
    - Warning/Auto-recovering RAM at preset threshold
    - Run in the background and automatically help reclaim wasted memory on mobile system
    - Effective utilization of memory resources
    - Intuitive interface and super easy-to-use for non-professional mobile users
    - Advanced boosting features (force system to use large cache, prohibit kernel to disk swapping, auto-allocate critical threads, etc.) for professional mobile users

MemoryUp Standard Edition supports most models of BlackBerry. Please refer to http://www.emobistudio.com/supported_devices.html for more detailed information.

MemoryUp Standard Edition v1.5 is now available since July 1st, 2007. The price is $14.99 for a BlackBerry edition. Currently MemoryUp can be ordered online on eMobiStudio's web site at http://www.emobistudio.com with a 15% discount for eMobiStudio's 3rd anniversary.
    Hey Hyden, I tried the memory up and I have to say it's very good when accessing my media card it use to take 4 ever, but now soon as I click on the icon bam I am in that is one of the difference I noticed so far! Thanks I am definately thinking of adding this to my collections of must have 3rd party software!! lol
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

just installed it. seems to be working pretty well. everything's snappier, memory card is faster
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B

The website looks too cheap to me. Is it a reliable source?

BR
    Jaime

jdub71 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the testimonials concern me. Wording sounds fake. But if product is good then its all gravy I guess.

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

OK, I installed it and tested it. Here are my observations:
    1. The application is not signed. This means it can not use any of the native restricted API's of blackberry.
    2. It is created using some cod converter or something, which means it is using pure java (J2ME), which in itself is a very restricted subset.

So this application doen't seem use any special functionality. Now all I can think of is this app doing is forcing garbage collection. I tested that too.

I ran the app, it showed the following:
    Total Mem - 41,036,856 B
    Free Mem - 36,890,232 B (90%)
    Used Mem - 4,146,624 B (10%)
    These values remain more or less consistent, with a few ups and downs..

I then ran quick boost. It shows 853,139 B recovered
    And then the Used momory starts jumping between 1% to 5%

Now I close the app and start it again. Its back to 10% non fluctuating.

I didn't notice any VM garbage collection either.

londel no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

It would be great if it did what it says

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

wow I like this! just might have to purchase it.

Adwiv no está en línea Stack level 2

My last post was too technical, here it is in plain text:

IMO, This is a piece of crap.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Seems like an opinion to me, other pps say it worked.
    Will try, thx Hayden
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~will try to download it tonight, the free version how long is it good for? Maybe if you buy it it will give you better boost? Did anyone buy this yet? I will post my opinion after I download it and run it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast