Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please try the latest release of Boopsie for your BlackBerry. Download from your BB browser ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ggcespia no está en línea Stack level 2

Boopsie - Version 2 released

Advertisement

Please try the latest release of Boopsie for your BlackBerry. Download from your BB browser at http://boopsie.com Version 2 is a BlackBerry native internet search/FIND application and integrates directly with BlackBerry Maps and the on-board GPS or bluetooth GPS devices. Boopsie uses character by character incremental search to find things in absolutely the fewest characters possible. Sample search verticals are CitySearch, FlightView, Yahoo! Music, Epicurious, Wikipedia, Football Scores, News, Bible, Amazon, Facebook, Plaxo, Netflix and over 150 more...

So, to find 'Sarah Jessica Parker' on IMDB, type 'sa je p' - you'll see her at the top of the list. Or, to find "Mastro's Steakhouse", go to CitySearch Los Angeles and type 'mas stea' - then, choose the Menu -> View on Map or Directions to Here and Boopsie will automatically launch BB Maps to that location.

Boopsie is the next generation of search for mobile phones. Boopsie’s simple, intuitive user interface overcomes existing mobile search limitations, enabling you to quickly find the content you are seeking. Unlike competitors' one-size-fits-all search paradigm, content within the Boopsie system is organized into channels (verticals), which both facilitates quick access and provides publishers with a brand-friendly environment.

If you would like a channel that you do not see, please email us: contact@boopsie.com

A user guide can be found here: http://boopsie.com/home/bbug.html

Thanks!
    Greg

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Re: Boopsie - Version 2 released

Thanks for informing of the update.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ill try it out

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ wow looks nice I think I'm gonna like this app is there a way to move channels up and down?

You can move channels to the top by arrowing down to the channel and choosing the Menu key and selecting 'Add to Favorites' - then, on the Home menu, you will see your Favorites at the top, then the Popular Channels will be listed, followed by All Channels.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Got it installed, and it works nicely -- as long as I have a good enough data connection so that the web provides decent response time. I have to experiment to see how much time it actually saves me. I've been using full blown search engines for so long now that it's a bit of an effort to type LESS! Interesting idea - will experiment with it.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I get error

Boopsie network connwction failed;3001. Tried changing all my browsers and that did not help. Cannot see any channels

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Re: Boopsie - Version 2 released

Installing it caused the "white screen of death" on my 8703e/OS v4.1.0.377 -- I had to reload the OS, and restore from backup. Not sure what happened

Krad - what device do you have on which network/carrier?
    visortqw - OUCH! Which version of the download did you install from boopsie.com? There is a Version 4.0, 4.0.2, 4.2 and 4.2.1. You should have been offered the V4.0.2 version. The 4.2 and 4.2.1 versions use features only available in BBs with that OS version - like BB Maps and Menu integration. So, you should try the 4.0.2 version. Please let me know if you would like to try again - I realize the "white screen" isn't a 'good thing' - but we would appreciate your assistance. We have many 8703 users, so any help you can provide would be great.
    Greg

Question Re: Boopsie - Version 2 released

Quote Originally Posted by ggcespia
    visortqw - OUCH! Which version of the download did you install from boopsie.com? There is a Version 4.0, 4.0.2, 4.2 and 4.2.1. You should have been offered the V4.0.2 version. The 4.2 and 4.2.1 versions use features only available in BBs with that OS version - like BB Maps and Menu integration. So, you should try the 4.0.2 version. Please let me know if you would like to try again - I realize the "white screen" isn't a 'good thing' - but we would appreciate your assistance. We have many 8703 users, so any help you can provide would be great.
    Greg
    It was definitely v4.0.2. I cannot afford to attempt this again right now (give me a couple of days to recover -- I was up until 1:15 AM restoring the device, and I'm a bit gun shy at the moment), but I haven't given up yet. Have you heard of any succesful VZW 8703e installations (OS v4.1.0.377)?
    Last edited by visortgw; 10-02-2007 at 03:01 PM.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ggcespia
    Krad - what device do you have on which network/carrier?
    Greg
    I have a T-Mobile 8320 on T-Mobile, either on wifi or edge i get "connection refused on port 3001" maybe it is my firewall blocking on bes? can you make a tcpip or apn setting so we can choose how ot go out?

Yep - we'll have something available in the next day or so. We haven't had any trouble with BES locking down port 3001, but your Network folks might be more 'safe'.

Also - we're field testing a 8703e on Verizon this afternoon to see if we can repro the install problem.

Greg

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

very nice, thx!
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

Update - we have reworked the code to use a standard http port 80 so that it will pass thru most firewalls (hopefully, fixing Krad's issue). Please download the latest version 2.0.18 from http://boopsie.com and try it out to let us know if it gets thru your port 3001 firewall issue on BES. We're trying to avoid custom APN settings because of the difficulty of managing them across carriers, etc. Please let me know if it does or doesn't work for you. email me directly at greg at boopsie.com I even think the port 80 version is a little snappier myself - which may be related to the way BB handles the internet proxy.

Good news! I just successfully installed the 4.0.2 variant (automatically selected) of v2.0.18 to my 8703e. Not sure what happened 48 hours ago with the earlier revision, but all seems to be well with this one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast