Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by nik0 Well, it needs to atleast be enabled after you choose the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ggcespia no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Boopsie - mobile search need feedback

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nik0
    Well, it needs to atleast be enabled after you choose the search provider IMO. Say... if you were going to type in "history of computers" ... it's kinda a hassle to type that using multitap lol. Beyond411 also searches after every key, and IMO they make SureType work quite well.
    The 'search provider' is the Boopsie client. We have our own proprietary indexing technology that performs the incremental search across channels. Once you pick an item in a category, it *then* sends you over to someone else.

If you are looking in Wikipeda, you would type 'his o comp' and not type the whole thing -that's kind of the point of our patent pending prefix-incremental search...you don't have to type it all. Of the 8.5 million Wikipedia references we index, we can access 90% of them in 7 keystrokes or less - which is kind of cool.

Having said that, we are looking at integrating SureType on the Blackberry. We ported the app over from 'regular' java and are adding specific blackberry features as quickly as possible - SureType to be one of them.

An interesting tidbit - if you go to Wikipedia in Boopsie, then type 'a b c d e f g', there is actually an article with those letters as the first letters of each word...

Thanks!

Greg

wordthenerd Guest

Works flawlessly on my 8800.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

axtapi no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I tried it again and it worked I did the exact same steps and everything thanks!

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you having trouble with the simulator site? I just tried the webpage and I'm getting a 404 error.

Quote Originally Posted by nimocone
    Are you having trouble with the simulator site? I just tried the webpage and I'm getting a 404 error.
    Are you on a Mac? I just tried it and it seems to work. What are you typing/which category are you choosing?

If you can share some details, send email to support@boopsie.com and we'll track it down.

Greg
    Boopsie, Inc.

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Reguardless if he's on a Mac or not, it works in both Firefox and Safari on my Mac.

The URL was typed incorrectly in the first post, click here for the working link:

http://live.boopsie.com/home/tryit.html

Quote Originally Posted by nik0
    Reguardless if he's on a Mac or not, it works in both Firefox and Safari on my Mac.

The URL was typed incorrectly in the first post, click here for the working link:

http://live.boopsie.com/home/tryit.html
    appears someone added the www after my post. the original post didn't have them. You are correct, there is no www. before live.boopsie.com

And thusly it now works! Thanks for correcting the link!

Just downloaded it and love it. Working great on my 8800! Is there a way to delete some of the channels I don't need? Or a way to add them? I wouldn't need the California channels and would like to have Amazon instead of Amazon Books. Thanks.

We are looking at all of amazon. what areas are you most interested in? As for deleting channels, we will provide that functionality shortly - so, you can put your favorites into one area or remove unwanted channels. Glad it is working for you.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: Boopsie - mobile search need feedback

will try it now...!
    thanks!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by ggcespia
    Hi,
    We have released a new version of Boopsie mobile search for Blackberry. It is considerably faster than our initial release and does not require network configuration. It's free and we do not collect personal information.

You can search over 50 vertical channels like Wikipedia, College Basketball, Amazon Books, etc. with very few keystrokes. You can see a simulator of what you'll get on your phone at www.live.boopsie.com/home/tryit.html

We need some people to test it on their device and give us some specific feedback. You can download it from your Blackberry Browser at www.boopsie.com/dl choose the BoopsieRIM.jad file.

What we need to know:
    After you install it and run it, please let us know two things:
    1) Did the main list show up on the screen (or did it give you an IOException)? The list will start with Amazon Books.

2) If the list shows up, please go to to the menu, then select Settings. It will show you the version #, then it will say "Data access:" and show you a number, e.g. "Data access: 1". Please email us at support@boopsie.com the name of the device and carrier you are using and what version and number it displays after Data access. For example, email us:

Subject: blackberry
    8100/Pearl
    Version: 1.0.40
    T-Mobile
    Data access: 1

We greatly appreciate your help. Thanks! Feel free to email us w/ any question at support@boopsie.com

Greg
    boopsie.com
    Does it always check the network connection when you run it? It installed just fine on my 8700c with Cingular on the latest OS 4.1.0.377 platform 2.0.0.152, just a personal nuisance.

VERSION: 1.0.40
    DATA ACCESS:1
    INTERKEY DELAY: 300
    Last edited by mikadad; 03-27-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    Michael

sorry - that's a bad status message. it's really just connecting to the network and downloading the first main menu. We'll make a prettier splash screen while it's loading the menu. If no other network app has run, it takes a sec or two for the network to first come up. Then, you should be off and running.

Greg

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

If the splash screen makes start-up any longer please abandon the idea.

It won't affect it. The startup time is wholly controlled by the amount of time it takes to get the network up and running on the handset. It should be the same amount of time it takes the BB browser to start downloading a page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast