I happened upon BerryStore and gave it a try. It's in Beta, but nicely done, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Lightbulb Book & Pay for Cab(?) on your BB with RideCharge

Advertisement

I happened upon BerryStore and gave it a try. It's in Beta, but nicely done, although the apps list is a bit thin as of yet.

However, I did find one very neat application - RideCharge. Unfortunately I don't have much occasion to actually use it, but as far as I've been able to get without actually trying to book a ride, it looks like it may be a great boon to those who use cabs and/or car services on a regular basis.

First, you want to go to the web site - http://www.ridecharge.com/ - and set up an account. Then, go to the same web site with your Berry's Browser to get the Mobile Application. (When I registered, it SAID it sent me an SMS message, but I never got it).

The really nice thing about the app is that you can not just book a ride, but you can also pay for the ride, and when you pay through the app / service, an electronic receipt is retained on the site for your records. As I said, sounds like it could be very valuable to anyone that has to cab around town a lot.

I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone in NYC where it's usually no problem to just step out and flag down a cab. Do they actually get you a Yello Cab, or a car service? If it's a car service, what quality?

Anyway, added to my Mini Version Tracker List:
    RideCharge: 5.3.36 - OTA/Web (Book/Pay Cab/Car Service from BB)
    JerryD

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    This work in Canada or just USA?

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gonna try it tommorow at work (work in manhattan) I'll let you guys know how it goes