Bolt has released their 3rd beta of their mobile browser. I have downloaded it and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum
Bolt Browser Beta 3 available
Bolt has released their 3rd beta of their mobile browser. I have downloaded it and am trying it out. They have added quite a few new features but I did experience one major problem. I used Bolt to view the PinStack news page and there are a couple videos. One was for the Where/Palm Pre contest....but on Bolt the video that played was of a young couple kissing.....then I tried to view the video of the adobe flash on the HTC Hero but on Bolt it was a girl in a bikini swimming in a pool.....so this is why they call it a beta folks
Here's some info from Bitstream on the new features for Bolt:
"Thanks to all of the great feedback we've received from our beta testers, we are happy to announce a new release that fulfills many user requests. BOLT Beta3 includes a host of new features and bug fixes designed to improve usability and stability, including:
- - Upgraded and faster WebKit4 based server
- - BOLT lite, a lightweight build for entry-level platforms, retaining the key elements of BOLT's feature set
- - Cyrillic language and font support, including extensible server-based language pack support
- - Inline text entry. This means you can type text directly into forms and Web pages.
- - Support for copy-paste
- - Rich text rendering with support for Bold and Italic text formatting
- - Support for Socket transfer protocol
- - Enhanced Favorites management – rearrange your Favorite entries using the 'Grab' feature
- - Automatic detection of device security capabilities; HTTPS is disabled and BOLTs lightweight encryption is used if the device does not support HTTPS security mechanism
- - Ability to disable images in Web pages for even faster page load speeds and reduced data cost
- - Improved split-screen rendering that utilizes faster more optimized scaling algorithms
- - Page information dialog to view detailed information on the Web page you are viewing
- - Built-in bug report dialog in BOLT help
- - Non JSR-75 Build for BB platforms
- - A new RSS list dialog that categorizes feeds for easy viewing
- - Improved support for file upload feature
- - Improved one click BOLT dialog scrolling
- - Enhanced inline frame scrolling
- - BlackBerry-specific settings confirmation improvement for Preferences page
- - Improved page Stop feature
- - Improved page load speed"
Note that Bolt also works on other mobile phones so some features listed may not work on the BlackBerry. Check out more about Bolt on their web page and get the dwnload link : http://boltbrowser.com/index.html
Ok so this the first time I've tried it and seems pretty decent so far. A few things though bug me about it.
1.) no flash support - we really need this by someone
2.) Youtube don't work. Says its loading, then transcodes it and asked me to lauch my media player, say yes and nothing happens.
3.) Font is too small!! Where's the zoom?!?
Other then that, very fast so definitely like it for that.
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
You can go into preferences and change the font size, or use split screen which shows a magnification on the bottom of the screen. Youtube works for me on Bolt, it doesn't open in the media player, but right in Bolt, but it is very tiny.
My issue with the videos seems sporadic, 3 times it showed the wrong video....not sure why
tried the bolt on the STORM. not so Hot.
P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!
Still has a lot of catching up to do. The first thing that catches my eye, is that it doesn't! I continue to try bolt looking for a reason to like it. It gradually gets better but not enough for me to play with it longer than 15 minutes. There's my vague opinion. Posted through O.M.
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
Tags for this Thread