Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there, Ever since I got my Blackberry Bold from Orange UK back in September ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Bold Youtube Client?

Advertisement

Hi there,

Ever since I got my Blackberry Bold from Orange UK back in September I have been unable to stream media from Youtube on it despite plenty of 3G signal. I addressed this with my network provider recently and they advised me I needed the Youtube client which could be downloaded from youtubes normal desktop site. I have searched this site with no luck. I have noticed today that there is now a client for the storm so these things evidently exist. Can anyone point me in the direction of the Bold's youtube client?

Cheers
    Ste

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have never seen a YouTube Client for BlackBerries.

It is just played thru the media player.

I suggest you upgrade your OS to version .167 or higher to get YouTube to work properly in the BlackBerry Browser. The one I recommend is .210

there is a youtube client for the storm now so hopefully there will be one for other blackberrys coming in the following months? here is to hoping

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I always wondered why YouTube wouldn't play on my Media player. May look in to updgrading the OS again. Let us know how you get on Tiger, I'm curious to know. Cheers Mate and Merry Christmas!

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    This is the link from RIM website to download YouTube Client for BlackBerry.

Don't works on my edge pearl.....maybe in your 3G bold.

Cheers for the suggestion. It seems the bold is not yet supported by rim.
    I am currently running os .214 and still can't stream. Media player launches but I get and error when loading. Very annoying considering they advertise the bolds ability to stream :-(

Ps. Merry Christmas :-)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've never tried with 3G but I stream YouTube (m.youtube.com) via wifi on my BOLD almost everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I've never tried with 3G but I stream YouTube (m.youtube.com) via wifi on my BOLD almost everyday.
    I have managed with wifi. Jus not with 3G

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Ok gotcha

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I seriously can not believe this. There I was playin around with my mobile network settings. I had switched my bold to 2G only and went on youtube forgetting I would need 3G. However lo and behold youtube proceeds to stream in 2G mode!!! Pretty poorly as you would expect but when I switch to 3G only, suddenly I can now stream. I have no idea what has happened to cause this but something did it. Sorry I can't help anyone else with the same issue. All I would suggest is that you try the same stuff I did and also update the most recent os you can find. I'm on 4.6.0.214 at the moment.

ive been able to stream youtube through my bold since day one dating back to shitty OS .125 on 3G the quality isnt good its better on wifi though but im going to try and see if im able to donwload the client ill get back if i have success

Edit: bold isnt supported it does say working on expanding the list of phones for support though
    Last edited by MackDaddy135; 12-24-2008 at 04:17 AM.

kramed no está en línea Stack level 1

Google has made a youtube client for the storm, hopefully the bold will follow shortly. M.yuotube.com is often not working properly and the quality is terrible.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Make sure you have WAP Streaming turned off. From the BlackBerry Browser

Menu
    General Properties

Make sure

Switching to WAP for Streaming Media

is not checked.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Without changing any settings I have been able to stream via Youtube since day 1 with OS versions .125, .162, .190 and .210.

Itd be sweet if the client is eventually updated to support the Bold but I'll bookmark the page for now at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast