Has anyone heard of some codec that can be used to listen to your voice ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JasonLozano no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Voice Mail Software.

Advertisement

Has anyone heard of some codec that can be used to listen to your voice mails with out having to dial your phone line then key in your password. I think I heard people say your BB has your voice mails on the phone and will allow you to listen to them via the decompressor.
    J Lozano
    Network Analyst
    CCNA Certified
    JLozano@xvand.com
    Xvand Technologies
    WWW.Xvand.com

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: BlackBerry Voice Mail Software.

Really.. First time ive heard of something like that. For me on AT&T network all i have to do is hold down speeddial #1 which calls voicemail and just listen to voice messages. Even if you call from your device to your voicemail it should not ask for password unless your using a device other then your own device. Even if i call my own number from my bb it goes straight to vm.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

yea i only have to hold the #1 key and it goes str8 to my voicemail.

i have youmail now, and my voicemails just come in a .wav file attachment on an email.
    dont have to call in now, can listen to them as soon as i open the attachment.
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

are you talking about a "Visual Voicemail" type app like the iPhone has? If so there are several you can check out:

SimulScribe
    CallWave
    GotVoice (? not sure about this one just saw it mentioned never checked it out)
    YouMail
    GrandCentral

They are all chatted about here on the forum if you are interested in any, and believe they are all free (just uses airtime no service fees for usage)
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-17-2007 at 04:15 PM.

The you mail you speak of. Will it allow me to receive the voice mails i have at work and listen to them on my BB. You see after reading my post i see i wasn't as detailed as i needed to be. Here is the whole scenario. I have voice mail at work and would like to be able to listen to it via the black berry software. Now i have heard that this is possible by adding a codec. Resulting in outlook forwarding the VM to my BB then i would open a media player and listen to the VM via the Codec.
    J Lozano
    Network Analyst
    CCNA Certified
    JLozano@xvand.com
    Xvand Technologies
    WWW.Xvand.com

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You shouldn't need anything special. It really depends on your voicemail system at work. What kind of file it saves the messages as. If it saves them as .wav or .mp3 then just having outlook send you them you should be able to just play them.

If its a different file then I'm not sure you can install anything that will allow you to read it. You can't install codecs on a blackberry.

Hope that helps.

Cool It does help clear up some of the confusion. So if we are using some software called Cisca on our BES i need to find out the format of the VM. Have outlook forward it and then BB should be able to play .wav and .mp3
    J Lozano
    Network Analyst
    CCNA Certified
    JLozano@xvand.com
    Xvand Technologies
    WWW.Xvand.com

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B

Can you access your voice mail via phone? If so you can program the sequence of numbers (access num, pw or pin). You don't need software to access.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~