Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ubertwitter is a good one, plus now have wifi support....... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

ubertwitter is a good one, plus now have wifi support....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Lestes no está en línea Developer

Twitter in IM+ 7.0.5. beta

IM+ Messenger beta 7.0.5 is available. More details here...

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Just wanted to give an update.

I've now used all these and have used Uber Twitter and Tiny Twitter on two different BB's.

I'm done with Uber Twitter. It's a huge battery drain and accesses everything in your phone. While it's a clean looking app, it's aesthetics are not worth the dead battery.

Tiny Twitter does the same exact stuff as Uber Twitter, but it doesn't drain the battery and doesn't need access to your entire phone.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am trying to get TinyTwitter to work as I'm switching to Windows Mobile in the next year but I can't get it to start on my 8120 anymore. It used to work before. I keep getting tunnel errors even though I entered the TCP settings for TMobile USA. I also like Twikini but would prefer TinyTwitter if I could get it to work on BlackBerry before switching.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Got it to work this time. Loaded it a second time after setting the TCP settings and it works now.

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tried using twitterberry not very good. Now using ubertwitter great interface but a huge batterry drain. Waiting for socialscope. Anyone can get me a copy would greatly appreciate it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by fox581 View Post
    Tried using twitterberry not very good. Now using ubertwitter great interface but a huge batterry drain. Waiting for socialscope. Anyone can get me a copy would greatly appreciate it.
    You have to contact them and ask for an invitation...and wait. I've been waiting since just after it came out - I missed the initial offering and am still waiting. You can't "cut in line" and get a copy sent to you. You just have to ask and hope the next offering is not "forever" in coming.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I started with Twitterberry, but was getting the blinking red led light issue that some users were complaining about. Eventually switched to Ubertwitter a while ago and have never looked back, especially with the last update they issued.

I'm a uberTwitter fan too. It's the best for my usage and, even if I ever get to use SocialScope, I may not stay with it. Can't say - don't really know what all it does.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'm a uberTwitter fan too. It's the best for my usage and, even if I ever get to use SocialScope, I may not stay with it. Can't say - don't really know what all it does.
    I ask this honestly, why does anyone choose Uber Twitter over Tiny Twitter?

They do the exact same thing, but Tiny Twitter can stay on in the background while Uber Twitter must be shut down or else the phone battery will be drained within 3-4 hours.

Also, as far as security, Uber Twitter wants access to every item of your phone. I don't like that.

Finally, they both have the same functions but Uber Twitter just delivers it in a slightly more "cute" version...so? Tiny Twitter has a very easy interface, but isn't as colorful.

I've run both app's on different phones, so it's not a matter of the phone I used, it's a matter that Uber Twitter is simply a battery drain. I've also used both the latest updates.

Quote Originally Posted by boblincoln View Post
    I ask this honestly, why does anyone choose Uber Twitter over Tiny Twitter? etc.......................
    I think I got hooked on uberTwitter when it cam out with (Tweet) alerts some time ago. I haven't used Tiny Twitter in a while so I forget even what it looked like. Since I don't run any Twitter ap all the time (like when I'm on the p-c) I don't have the battery drain that you might have if you're running it a lot. Maybe I'll DL Tiny Twitter again and compare.

It's a good question - it's just that users tend to "settle" on what works for them best.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I haven't experienced a battery drain with uberTwitter either. Granted, it's the only application I've used, but I have it set to update every hour and there's really no noticable battery drain.

I'm really more concerned with memory drains than battery drains and I haven't seen much of either with uberTwitter.

boblincoln, is it possible that your battery drain while testing uberTwitter was caused by some other ap running in background at the same time? I think if there were a battery drain problem with uberTwitter a lot more users would have complained about it.

If you like Tiny Twitter better though, that's what you should use. It's that simple.

boonerat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ubertwitter is my personal favorite, of course I am still waiting on an invite to the Social Scope application but Ubertwitter is a great app and you can download the latest version at www.ubertwitter.com

carol73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    215B0111
    Used twitterberry but it got so boring, now I'm using Uber twitter and its so much nicer cause you get to see pics and also the location, but still learning how to use it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast