Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by sashadelgado I have tried both ways. I tried to set the "vibrate" ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Re: BlackBerry Profiles Scheduler Version 1.3 is available!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    I have tried both ways. I tried to set the "vibrate" profile for calendar appointments (I have my classes on the calendar as repeating) I thought that by adding the profile to a series of appointments it might combat the issue, but it wont let me add the profile to a "series" of appointments.
    Actually, you can add a calendar rule for repeating appointments, as long as part of the series doesn't occur in the past. If you already have your classes as a recurring appointment and then tried to add a rule, it won't let you because your class from last week is still in there.

If you were to create a brand new appointment series and then add a profile rule to it, it would let you because all portions of the series are in the future.

Once that's understood, it makes more sense when it works and when it doesn't. I'm not suggesting that you delete your existing appointments and create new ones, but it is an option.

There are bugs here----now I didn't say the program wouldn't be worth it if they fixed it. Granted IF it sets your phone to the vibrate profile when it's supposed to, it will save your hiney...however, if it doesn't UN-set the profile, then wifey might be quite mad when the phones vibrating on the passenger seat and you can't answer her calls when you're coming home.
    The application is improving with every release; and the nesting rules are a nice feature addition. I get by now with 3 rules, supplemented by appointment rules as needed:

Rule 1 -- 12:00 am - 11:59 pm, 7 days a week, on Normal profile (serves as default),

Rule 2 -- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, 5 days a week (weekdays) on Vibrate profile,

Rule 3 -- 1:00 am - 6:00 am, 7 days a week, on Vibrate profile.

For meetings, I use Quiet, since it's on Vibrate during weekdays; and having Rule 1 in place as a default means that although I didn't specifically set up a rule for the "dead space", the phone is on Normal from 6:00 am - 8:00 am on weekdays, and also 5:00 pm - 1:00 am on weekdays, and is also on Normal from 6:00 am - 1:00 am on weekends.

Edit: formatting & quotes.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just tried to do the nesting thing and it says that it conflicts with current rules. How did you get the nesting to work?

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just tried to do the nesting thing and it says that it conflicts with current rules. How did you get the nesting to work?
    Hi Sasha,

I deleted all my old rules first, but I should say that I didn't have any appointments at the time I deleted my rules and before creating new ones. That might be what the conflict is, but I am just guessing since I didn't have calendar/appt ones (perhaps someone else can confirm).

I'd also hate to say anything as rash as "oh, just delete your appointments" or anything like that since I don't know how many are involved or even if that's the answer for certain. All I can tell you is that I cleared all existing rules out before starting out with my default 24/7 rule and worked the other rules from there. Good luck!
    -Klotar

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Yes the nesting profile idea works really well, i would agree cancel all existing rules and start again, i have set up one profile from 12.00am-07.59am on silent and one from 08.00am-9.59pm on normal and 10.00pm-11.59pm and all my meetings have changed at both the start and finish with no problems.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Yours don't seem to "nest", Bigberry. That's how I had my rules before; for the lack of the correct term, let's say, Sequential. Or perhaps my definition of nesting differs.
    -Klotar

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

The nesting works great for me aswell. I have the 1st rule set for 12:00am to 11:59pm monday-sunday and is set to normal, then I have 10:30am to 3:30pm monday-friday as vibrate. It works well for me. I have no appoinments set.
    Last edited by waldog; 09-18-2007 at 12:58 AM.

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Klotar, you are correct my default profiles don't nest on top of each other, the nesting i was refering to are calendar entry profiles nesting on top of my default profiles, this would not work on my 8820 prior to this release.
    Technology Took Away My Vinyl

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

This is prolly my favorite app!
    It has been working w/o flaw since 1.27. thx Matt
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

My favorite app! Thx Matt
    Works flawlessly since 1.27
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok now that I. Deleted everything, it finally nested. Are there any plans for it to come with a default profile? IMO without that its kind of like buying a car, and expecting me to install the gas pedeal.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Ok now that I. Deleted everything, it finally nested. Are there any plans for it to come with a default profile? IMO without that its kind of like buying a car, and expecting me to install the gas pedeal.
    Mr. Wheaton (my apologies if my assumption is wrong), I also think it would be a good idea to have a default profile. If "Normal" isn't the one you want, it can be edited, but I wouldn't have thought of making a "Default Profile" unless I read posts here in this thread.

I just shared the link for Handango with a couple of folks in my office that rely heavily on the BlackBerry's like I do; one just came in my office and said, "I've been looking for this app!".

PIN/ID

What do you mean deleted everything, all profiles, the program or what? I am trying to see what I need to do to avoid missing a phone call (wifey) if the phone does not switch back from quite during a meeting to loud

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

While a default profile will be a nice addition, you can make your own default profile which runs 7 days a week, 24 hours [almost] a day, that will do just as well in the meantime:

Default: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm MTWTFSS Profile: Normal

Any other rule you create will pretty much be nested within that.
    -Klotar

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

i also tried this program twice last time and it never worked.

hopefully this time it can? ill remain optimistic but last time i had to uninstall, reinstall, uninstall.

if it works, ill most certainly purchase it.

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

ok tried it and tested it for a normal rule @ 8pm, it was 756 when i downloaded it.

at 8pm it pops up with the profile screen....nothing changed on its own. the crazy part is in the rule itself it reflects the normal profile being in effect and on my bb's profile icon it shows it on quiet.

please give me a solution, id love for this program to work because im constantly forgetting to turn off my ringer during work hours.

im going to uninstall it for the 3rd time, please im me if this is resolved.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast