Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What's Up I'm really hanging here...on the exact same choice. Currently have a 7105T have ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

yellowone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6E30E

Re: Blackberry or MDA?

Advertisement

What's Up

I'm really hanging here...on the exact same choice. Currently have a 7105T have the OS updated so I have themes and real ringtones the whole bit. I'll admit nothing beats BB on e-mail and I'm a network admin so I use it but I REALLY want video on my portable device.

Reason:
    Orb.com allows you access for FREE all your media anywhere...so now I've got the bug and I've put off upgrading my device for 6 months in hope that the latest BB would include a media player or expansion slot.

So someone please tell me (w/o saying Windoze is crap) that BB is planning on coming into the current phase of Smartphone technology. I love BB (besides the java errors and crappy default browser) and the way it keeps me connected but I need MORE!!!

PS
    So I'm missing audio, video, and DECENT remote control software.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Audio on a MDA, il give it that as its something that even MS cant really mess up. But video on anything that size is just pointless imo, then u find you have to re-encode your videos to take with you as there too high a datarate to take with or require too much storage. Just get a PSP for videos and mp3, a digi camera wich accepts either memorystick or sdio (so the card can go into the psp or u can get a bluetooth/wifi memory card as a means of moving pictures elsewhere without cables) and stick with a BB for everything else.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

tekoa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D0C09
    I have the 7105t and my friend is thinking about the MDA. I wanted to know which one is better and is the 8700g that much better than either the MDA or the 7105t?

thats like comparing a ducati (motorbike for anyone unsure) to a ferrari. very different.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

PIN/ID
    23D0C09

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so if I already love my 7105t would you say I should go ahead and get the 8700 ASAP?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

They are about the same. What you get with a 8700g is EDGE, a mini-processor, full qwerty keyboard, real ringtones, and a bigger screen...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowone
    What's Up

I'm really hanging here...on the exact same choice. Currently have a 7105T have the OS updated so I have themes and real ringtones the whole bit. I'll admit nothing beats BB on e-mail and I'm a network admin so I use it but I REALLY want video on my portable device.

Reason:
    Orb.com allows you access for FREE all your media anywhere...so now I've got the bug and I've put off upgrading my device for 6 months in hope that the latest BB would include a media player or expansion slot.

So someone please tell me (w/o saying Windoze is crap) that BB is planning on coming into the current phase of Smartphone technology. I love BB (besides the java errors and crappy default browser) and the way it keeps me connected but I need MORE!!!

PS
    So I'm missing audio, video, and DECENT remote control software.
    From what I remember, Orb is only for Sprint(at least it was), and you have to have a t.v. tuner to access the t.v. from your handheld. But yes, that is a cool idea!

PIN/ID
    23D0C09

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you all had the means to buy either the 7105t or 8700 which would you buy?

PIN/ID
    23D0C09

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have pocketday, RemindME, duedate manager, mobilecheckbook 3.0 and expense manager software on my BB. What other software would you all suggest for someone who doesn't really need all of the office or corporate stuff?

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

I have enough problems providing technical support for desktops running Windows. I couldn't fathom taking that headache with me on the road in a smaller more annoying mobile form.

Ok all joking aside, RIM has made it known that they are going to come out with devices that will appeal to consumers who want cameras and SD slots in the very near future.

I also cannot understand how watching video on a device with a screen as small as that on the MDA could be useful at all. I have a 60GB iPod Video and I RARELY watch video on that due to the size of the screen and have to re-encode existing video to make it more space conscious for the iPod.

If I were trying to decide between the MDA or waiting for a more prosumer oriented Blackberry, I would start by reading reviews of the MDA. Since I started scrolling through this thread I googled MDA reviews and found a lot of mediocre and poor reviews of the device citing sluggish performance, an uncomfortable keyboard, etc.. Putting all of that aside, remember that the MDA is touch screen driven (styli are yucky), and you will need to use two hands to do things with it that you could do one handed with any model of Blackberry. That in and of itself would break the deal for me. I'm not particularly impressed with the price either.
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

seriously is there really a comparison between MDA to a BLACKBERRY? LOL

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I had the MDA, Poor phone quality, poor signal quality. Bought the 7105t which I still own, upgraded to the 8700G and there is absolutely no comparison. I love this little device it's fast, keeps a really good signal the MDA couldn't keep a signal at all, so I really couldn't enjoy a lot of its benefits. Video is slow and sluggish. I can wait for RIM to come out with a multimedia BB and if they never do, oh well. The 8700g is awesome in comparison with any other PDA phone I've ever owned!

All PDA phones have 1 of 3 problems.

1. Either the screen is too small for proper PDA usage, like browsing full web pages or watching video (ie BB or Treo or Q).
    2. The method of text input is 2 handed, to accomodate more screen space, via transcribe or a bigger keyboard (ie MDA Vario).
    3. There far too big to be a phone (ie MDA 3)

So which compremise are you willing to take. Remembering WinCE (WM) and PalmOS are both a little volitile, but do allow for exponential amounts of customisation these days, where as the BB OS works how you expect it to, with the exception of not coping with birthdays, GRRR.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

PIN/ID
    23D0C09

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i bought the 7105t because it was cheaper. Would you say just go ahead and get the 8700? I thought the BB were kind of bulky but the 8700 is comparable to the 7105t.

I was proved wrong about orb, thanks yellowone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast